Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I debaffled my 900LT earlier this year, and today I took my Sweetie for a ride. Last time she was on the bike was early last fall sometime.

Anyways, she stated that her right heel was really hot (she was wearing sneakers, as usual) when she got off, and commented that she thought the bike "vibrated" more. She said she remembers her derriere feeling the vibrations, but now it seems the backrest is doing it, too.

So, to any one who has debaffled their 900LT, have you had any similar comments from your passenger?

·
Registered
976 Posts
No, and neither should you. Pipes will actually be cooler as there isn't any backpressure holding the hot gasses in the pipe area. Doesn't increase the power by much, so that won't be a cause either.

More than likely she's just more used to the bike. Just like when you first went from a 250 to the 900 you were amazed at all that power. Then two weeks later you're used to the power and aren't glossing over everything with a coat of new.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It probably vibrated the same before but she just didn't notice. As for her heel getting hot, that happens sometimes. I've noticed that on a slightly windy day sometimes one leg will get hotter than the other on my Concours 14.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
+1, less back pressure isn't going to make for more heat and/or vibration. Perhaps the extra noise just makes her more aware of the RPM and makes connection to things that may have already existed? Plus, what's the difference in temp between that early fall day back then and the just before summer days now?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hey, Justy just said he cut vibration down by torqueing on the header bolts and one of the muffler attach bolts. I don't see how that works BUT if it worked for him, take a peak on yours. The header acorns are supposed to be 14 foot pounds, it's a lot higher on the support bolts so just give em a good bit to make sure they're on tight.

You never know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i tried debaffleing didn't work for me the sound was immbarasing for me it sounds funky not like what a real bike should sound ? alot of my friend have Harley's and they always tell me to get rid of my bike and get aharley but for many reasons i love the vulcan so i replaced the exchust with COBRA Dragsters , ididn't like how loud it was at first but when i put in the Cobra quite core ,man this is what acruiser should sound , very nice

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Justy just said he cut vibration down by torqueing on the header bolts and one of the muffler attach bolts. I don't see how that works BUT if it worked for him, take a peak on yours. The header acorns are supposed to be 14 foot pounds, it's a lot higher on the support bolts so just give em a good bit to make sure they're on tight.

You never know.
Yeah, that's the advice I have been getting the most of, to check the exhaust mounting. So I will go there.

I haven't noticed an increase in vibration, and talking with Sweetie last night she said that it is mainly in the backrest where she notices it now. So I dunno....time will tell.

Going to be ordering a Russel Day-Long seat this week, too. That should take care of some issues too! ;)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
i tried debaffleing didn't work for me the sound was immbarasing for me it sounds funky not like what a real bike should sound ? alot of my friend have Harley's and they always tell me to get rid of my bike and get aharley but for many reasons i love the vulcan so i replaced the exchust with COBRA Dragsters , ididn't like how loud it was at first but when i put in the Cobra quite core ,man this is what acruiser should sound , very nice
Funny... I ride with several Harley owners, and park with quite a few more at work :D They're always commenting on what a nice natural sound my debaffled stockers have.

To each his own I guess?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts