Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been a hundred threads on debaffling, I just have one question.

Is my drill just a POS, or have others had a hell of a time getting through the baffle? I had no problem drilling holes? But I can't seem to make any progress with a hole saw. Also haven't found anywhere around that have. 1" pilot bit( or similar)...

Thanks
KB

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
347 Posts
I can't comment on your drill, but you need a 2 7/8 inch bi-metalic hole saw (IIRC) - you need a good one, not one of those funky ones that has 6 or 7 removable "wood-only" saws in a grooved disc.

The pilot drill bit is not needed since the 2 7/8 inch saw fits nicely inside the exhaust pipe with no pilot hole required.

Then a smaller hole saw (not sure what size, it should be obvious though) is used to remove the inner "hole" in the "donut" you are removing.

I have not done this yet (only at the stage where I have drilled 8 holes in the baffle).

Make sure your bike is stable before performing this procedure. You don't want to push the bike off the side stand with the force that might be required to drill your way through the baffle.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey take your drill out of reverse. Ha ha. Shadow hit it spot on the smaller hole saw I think is a 1 5/8. just big enough to go over that inner pipe you cut off. Good Bi-metal hole saw. maybe some cutting oil.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha ya the drill in reverse would be embarrassing, first thing I checked. I do have a good bi metal hole saw 2- 3/4", and was using wd-49 for lube. Was only at it for 20 mins before I have up and went golfing.

I guess I'll have to grow a set and just sit down and drill....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts