Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this month I will be fully debaffling my exaust, installing a hypercharger..and was planning on a Fi2000R..I'm in Colorado and ride into the mountains..will be riding to AZ...Will the Fi2000R be good to go.... or do I need a PCIII or whatever they are with a Dyno? I really dont have/want to spend the money for a dyno and different fuel programmer....But I don't wanna hurt my bike or loose any power...I want to atleast gain a little...

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
From what I have read: The Fi2000R is a trial by error product. Adjust it, ride it, repeat until you are happy. I have an exhaust, intake and PC V and I plan on having it dyno'd as soon as the weather warms up. There are a lot of varying opinions on dyno tuning, but I feel that adjusting it to run optimally during all parts of the rev range is a good thing. Time will tell.

Where in CO are you?

-Hayes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loveland..I have actually just read a bunch of your posts reguarding dyno... didnt realize you are in Den. going to sturgis? Also--- cant dyno with Fi2000R can you? How hard is it to adjust the PCIII so maybe I can dyno later?

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I am actually. Planning on attending yourself? My lovely lady, her God-father, possibly her step dad and I are going. Probably for the first weekend the rally is on.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
When the weather warms up, we should get together for a ride.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the weather warms up, we should get together for a ride.
That sounds fun.. All my buddies have rockets and although I can somewhat keep up in the mountains.... they still have to stop every 10 min and wait a little.. not to mention I only know 3 people that ride and the one lost his bike due to not making payments.. I will be going to sturgis...hopefully.. with my girlfriend...will be my first year since last year she thought I shouldnt since it was the first year owning and riding.. I thought it would be cool to meet up with a bunch of VN900 owners and ride to sturgis... not sure how many are close to or go into colorado on their way.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
This will be my first year as well... I'm excited. I love to ride through the mountains, so I have no problem cruising that way. I have another buddy who rides a vn900, but his wife is cooking their 3rd kid, so I doubt he will be up for Sturgis.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
On an unrelated note...have you had a "backfire" into the air cleaner box..I have had about 5 of them...sometimes when cold but also when the engine is warm..It actually "punched" my leg because my leg was on the air cleaner... It kinda worries me..

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I've had teh same thing happen, I think it's running rich, and the dyno tuning will help. At least I am hoping. I'm also thinking about removing the secondary throttle plates for better throttle response.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts