Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just bought the Vulcan 900 special edition and love it but i wanted to put new louder pipes on it but don't want chrome I want black one's but there any where from $600.00 to $900.00 that's just crazy I was thinking about $100.00 since there only flat black! So I looked into just debafflng the stock exhaust and it looks simple enough, but since the bikes is D I F and there's no O2 sensor anywhere on the pipe how doe's it recalabrate itself ?
do you have to take it the dealer and have them recalubrate it ? Does it even need to be recalabrated ? have any of you guys done this to your bike ? how does it sound and perform ? I'm just looking for louder sound to let the idiot in the car next to me on the phone/texting that there's a motorcycle there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
When you debaffle your bike OR put on aftermarket pipes without changing the intake to a high flow intake you don't need to add a fuel controller. You should of course verify this by checking the plugs after 1000 miles and if you have any pingin suspect that you are lean, but I've not heard of one case of this in 3 years of operating. You have to open the flow up on both sides to increase fuel demand.

Also, if you just cut the end caps off the mufflers and take the center tubes out, that still leaves the front cap of the muffler which is a 1 inch hole AND the catalytic converter mesh that is in the front of both mufflers. There is still plenty of back pressure in the muffler even when you change the intake. This is what I'm running, gutted OEM mufflers and BAK intake, my Bully fuel controller is set for stock fuel settings with extra fuel if I open it way up and delayed trigger for high efficiency cruising.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts