Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched YouTube and this forum and I have found many threads on debaffling the stock exhaust but haven't came across one giving instructions on how to debaffle an aftermarket exhaust like a Cobra one.

I would like to debaffle my cobra exhaust but I am uncertain if the procedure is the same or if I have to do something different. Any information would be beneficial and appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On my Cobra exhaust, is two bolts towards the back of the exhaust. I unbolted them and the baffles came right out and i can put them back in at anytime. It's easy to do but I'm not sure if that is the same with all Cobra pipes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my Cobra exhaust, is two bolts towards the back of the exhaust. I unbolted them and the baffles came right out and i can put them back in at anytime. It's easy to do but I'm not sure if that is the same with all Cobra pipes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I hope it is - these are the ones I have:

Not sure what kind I have but they are cobras. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Take off the chrome end-caps - should be held on with an allen head bolt. You may have trouble getting the caps off. I used a stout socket on a wratchet and put it inside the pipes and pulled it back hitting it against the lip of the cap on the inside. If you move around the perimeter tapping it this way they will come out. Keeps from scratching up the chrome on the exterior. Then you just take out the similar bolt that is further up the pipe and use something to slide the baffle out. I have dragsters and I couldn't imagine taking the baffle out. Things will put you deaf with them in. I'm actually looking to quite mine down some.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Take off the chrome end-caps - should be held on with an allen head bolt. You may have trouble getting the caps off. I used a stout socket on a wratchet and put it inside the pipes and pulled it back hitting it against the lip of the cap on the inside. If you move around the perimeter tapping it this way they will come out. Keeps from scratching up the chrome on the exterior. Then you just take out the similar bolt that is further up the pipe and use something to slide the baffle out. I have dragsters and I couldn't imagine taking the baffle out. Things will put you deaf with them in. I'm actually looking to quite mine down some.
Thanks man! Followed your directions and 10 mins later they were out! Only issues is I have to re-tap one of the end caps at work because the screw won't go back in. Bottom end cap is slightly dented and I'm assuming that's why.

Baffles out!

Let me know if the videos can be seen

http://youtu.be/jexYMyMAAWY

http://youtu.be/roTZQiEhyxQ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a quick rolling video of my debaffled exhaust. When I was on YouTube I could never find any rolling ones so here it is - http://youtu.be/luMRluo8zYQ

Also, I think it's time for an intake, powercommander and pullies for longer gearing.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Phew, that poor idle needs to go up a notch or 10!

Sounds good though! Get an intake and fuel processor on there and watch her pull!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phew, that poor idle needs to go up a notch or 10!

Sounds good though! Get an intake and fuel processor on there and watch her pull!
The idle should be higher? I'll have to reaearch that.

This is my "1st bike" in a sense and I'm learning as I go. Fuel processor and intake are a must. Poor bike seems to gas out at the top of the rpms.

My background is just modding cars and the knowledge that I have from that I apply it here the best I can.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The idle should be higher? I'll have to reaearch that.

This is my "1st bike" in a sense and I'm learning as I go. Fuel processor and intake are a must. Poor bike seems to gas out at the top of the rpms.

My background is just modding cars and the knowledge that I have from that I apply it here the best I can.
It should be between 950 and 1050 RPM's. Low idle can potentially cause low oil pressure to the top end, and backfiring/popping on decel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts