Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just get my v900 and i really want to debaffle, but first i need to know if this mod may alter the emisions

thanks

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Emission Control

No. Your bikes Emission Control consists of the Clean Air System which takes unburned gases caught in your cylinders and throws them into your exhaust ports along with fresh air from your box. This all happens due to reed valves and a vacuum valve. These unburned gases will burn in your exhaust and cause popping that stock mufflers cover up. So the worst part of a debaffle job is the chance of those annoying pops.
I believe the other component in Emission Control is in California Models only and that is the Evaporation System. Not effected by exhaust mods.
I bypassed the Clean air System in both of my bikes and eliminated the popping and the excess heating of the engine and exhaust. If anyone want to know how to bypass these systems without involving the reed valves let me know. Doug ;)
Want to Cruise

Got this bypass info from this link.
http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks for the info, i was worry for the results, im interested on the bypass of the clean air sitems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts