Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone debadged the tank on a 2010 Vulcan Custom SE with the flat spark black paint?

I want to do mine but I want to know if others have done it successfully. I would use 3M adhesive remover like I have on other vehicles.

My concern is doing it with a flat paint job that doesn't have a regular clear coat. I am worried that taking the decal off the tank will damage the paint either with or without the 3M adhesive remover.

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tang, our bikes do have a clear coat over the sparkle paint. I haven't tried taking the decals off, but there was someone on here that took off the racing stripes and had to repaint since the clear is sprayed over the stripes. I've looked really close and can't tell if it is sprayed over the Vulcan Custom on the side of the tank. Sorry I wasn't much help.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Tang, our bikes do have a clear coat over the sparkle paint. I haven't tried taking the decals off, but there was someone on here that took off the racing stripes and had to repaint since the clear is sprayed over the stripes. I've looked really close and can't tell if it is sprayed over the Vulcan Custom on the side of the tank. Sorry I wasn't much help.
Yep, that was me. No problem with the fenders but the tank has been clear coated over the stripe and the badges on either side. The warning stickers near the filler cap (if they use them in the US) are on top of the clear coat. My painter tried shooting clear over the bare paint but no luck, he had to re-paint the entire tank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that was me. No problem with the fenders but the tank has been clear coated over the stripe and the badges on either side. The warning stickers near the filler cap (if they use them in the US) are on top of the clear coat. My painter tried shooting clear over the bare paint but no luck, he had to re-paint the entire tank.
Thanks for the information. I guess the stickers will stay on :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts