Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the right side cover off this morning, and I was looking at the small "Kawasaki" badge. I've always wanted to get rid of it. Not because I'm not proud to ride a Kaw, but because I don't think the block lettering goes with the otherwise flowing lines of the bike.

I figured I'd have to get some floss & a hair dryer to remove it. I stuck my figernail under it to see what I'd be up against, and the corner came right up. This little guy is made of fairly flexible material, and it peeled right off. I was able to get the rest of the adhesive off by "rolling" it with my fingertip. Total time about 30 seconds. And the badge is stiil in good shape-it'll probably end up on a guitar case or something.

Note that this only applies to the little badge and NOT the tank badges. I may take those off, depending on how it looks once I get my whitewalls & front fender rail put on.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah, that badge practically falls off if ya sneeze on it. The tank badges are a bit of a different story, but still not horribly difficult. Several threads here with tips for those should ya choose to come to the "clean" side. ;)

I agree about that side badge, too. It looks COMPLETELY out of place on the 900. It's more like what I would expect to see on a toy Tonka truck. I debated about the tank badges for a couple of weeks (LOVE the debadged look now) but there was no pause in ripping off that side badge at all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts