Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a coolant leak coming from my bike today so I stopped by the dealership to have them take a look at it. The service writer tells me its probably just a hose. He then hands me a screw driver and tells me to take the cover off go fix it:rolleyes:

So far its holding up but I think I am going back for a new hose anyway....

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Seems to be a pretty common thing. Mine did it too. I cranked down on the hose clamps and it went away. I laughed when you said your dealership handed you a screwdriver & told you to fix it, but looking back mine told me to go home and fix it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well, at least you know if you can trust the mechanic! I like the honesty though. "Well, you can either fix it yourself in 5 minutes or you can drop it off and I'll try to get it back to you in two weeks" would be what my dealer SHOULD say.

Nice guys though and I'll probably buy my next bike there, just slowwwwwwwww in the shop.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Well, at least you know if you can trust the mechanic! I like the honesty though. "Well, you can either fix it yourself in 5 minutes or you can drop it off and I'll try to get it back to you in two weeks" would be what my dealer SHOULD say.

Nice guys though and I'll probably buy my next bike there, just slowwwwwwwww in the shop.
That's how our dealership is. VERY nice folks, and trustworthy as far as I know, but wow with the time frames needed for them to do the work! I rode my bike in for a "quick stop" 1st service one Saturday after I bought the bike, ended up taking 5 hours. Found out later that since I had "ridden in like a noob" without alternate transportation, they bumped me up in the service schedule. Otherwise, it really SHOULD have been a couple of days. :D

Score one for my "n00b-ness"! Since then, I change my own oil and do regular minor maintenance myself, just like with my cars. Faster, cheaper, and all work done by a wrench I've had years of experience with!

·
Registered
976 Posts
I had a schedualed time slot, drop the bike off Tuesday it'll be ready Wednesday for 15,000 mile checkup.

2 weeks later I started doing my own maintenance, they still owe me one that I bought in masse when I bought the bike.

·
Registered
711 Posts
He should have done that for you!
Now if the bike is very recent then the hose may be fine. It progably needed a little tighting that's all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts