Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealer Saturday for their annual Fall Sale-a-thon. Saw a 2009 V Star 650 for $4,500 new, and a 2009 900 Classic in blue for $5,495. These were brand new from the crate, not scratch and dent. Not bad if you are in the market.

There were other nice deals, but those two really stood out to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Was at the dealer Saturday for their annual Fall Sale-a-thon. Saw a 2009 V Star 650 for $4,500 new, and a 2009 900 Classic in blue for $5,495. These were brand new from the crate, not scratch and dent. Not bad if you are in the market.

There were other nice deals, but those two really stood out to me.
If you shop around, you can buy a new VN for what some used ones are going for. Just be careful of the "assembly/shipping/document/whatever" fees that can add substantially to the price of the bike. My local dealer--whom I did not/WOULD NOT buy from---sticks it to the customer for almost 800 dollars (!!) in extra fees.

Motorcycles are often an impulse buy. Shop around and save!!:cool:

·
Registered
711 Posts
^^ Yep, they usually lower the prices but at sign in they charge for everything. This was the exact reason why I walked out of a Honda dealer before I got my 900. I was looking at a left over 1100 Sabre and glad I walked out because like a month later the 900 Custom came out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you guys. This dealer I'm referring to is actually one of the straight shooters around here. About $90 for all transfer and doc fees is all he is charging over advertised price.

He even included 2 years maintenance on the bikes and for me at least when I bought waived all set up, freight, delivery and other fees. His delivery and freight fees are usually $199 to $299 no more than that.

I just wanted people in the market in my area to maybe check him out if they were looking.

Another guy around the corner from me puts $600 on top of the advertised price for any new bike without exceptions. You definitely have to read everything and not sign until the total is in front of you.

My two cents

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Same thing up here where we are........There are dealers who really want your business and will bend over backwards for you......Then there are the dealers who what you 2 bend over backwards......:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same thing up here where we are........There are dealers who really want your business and will bend over backwards for you......Then there are the dealers who what you 2 bend over backwards......:)
Absolutely, it's like day and night. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
bought a Nomad

having been to countless dealers and talked to many sales people it can be frustrating. However I found it is best for me to give a grand total (out the door) price offering on a bike which includes everything.
The dealer can take it or leave it. Many left it, which is fine, I can make dozens of offers but only need to make one deal.
On Sat the 11th I bought a new 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad (blk).
I was happy with the deal. I have only put 100 miles on it so far during the weekend and all is well so far. It is a beautiful impressive machine.
Thanks,
cqt1414

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
having been to countless dealers and talked to many sales people it can be frustrating. However I found it is best for me to give a grand total (out the door) price offering on a bike which includes everything.
The dealer can take it or leave it. Many left it, which is fine, I can make dozens of offers but only need to make one deal.
On Sat the 11th I bought a new 09 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad (blk).
I was happy with the deal. I have only put 100 miles on it so far during the weekend and all is well so far. It is a beautiful impressive machine.
Thanks,
cqt1414
Congrats on the new ride. Yes, they are lovely machines. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts