Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to check myself on that I think my stator is bad. So I rode about a week ago and every thing was good. Went to start it up today and all I got was a couple of clicks out of the starter. Battery is less than a year old. What say y'all

·
Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
Hi Necro, Is it making any noise? Even though the battery is fairly new, would have it checked. Do you keep the bike on a battery tender? Charge, then take it down to the local automotive parts store to get load tested. Were your battery connections tight? Here is the procedure to check the stator from the factory repair manual. Would check the rectifier also. Good luck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Have you checked the voltage on the battery?.
In hot weather they can die easily or you could have an issue with a accessory drain on battery

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Necro, Is it making any noise? Even though the battery is fairly new, would have it checked. Do you keep the bike on a battery tender? Charge, then take it down to the local automotive parts store to get load tested. Were your battery connections tight? Here is the procedure to check the stator from the factory repair manual. Would check the rectifier also. Good luck.

Yea the starter clicked. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts