Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen: Stopped for gas 1/2 mile from home after evening ride. Was preparing to depart gas station - neutral light on, fuel pump pressuring, kickstand down, kill switch off, key on, starter button silent - not even a click or whirl. Nothing!.

Had a neighbor come by, helped push me and got bike bump started and rode home. Where do I begin to solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ok, stupid question first. The kickstand was down. Were you in neutral? If you were in gear you need to pull in the clutch. I know; stupid question, but I had to ask.

Assuming you were doing everything right. I'd start by making sure the connections at the starter are clean and tight then move on to the fuse box. Everything ok there? Time to check the kill switch, kickstand switch and neutral safety switch. Any one of these failing will cause the condition you describe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sfair,
2008 Classic LT just turned 52K. Traced problem to handlebar switch. Neighbor mechanic spiced in push button switch located on frame beside radiator. I feel the switch itself is probably not available at Auto Zone so will live with it for a while until I call Kawasaki dealer for price check. Then probably decide to live with it a little longer. You know, their pricing being fair and reasonable and all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts