Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Follwed the directions (mostly) and wow, I love the sound. Now it really sounds like a v-twin. I even like the "burbling" on decel. To get rid of it, should I desire, do I do the "marblizing" trick?

·
Registered
122 Posts
i love the way mine sounds too i took everything out in there .... not sure about the marbiling thing i like the way mine sounds and dont get much burbling unless i give it a little bit of gas when letting the motor drag it down

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to change the sound. It is great. Nice low rumble and more "umphff" when I twist it. I was just wondering what the marblizing will do.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Follwed the directions (mostly) and wow, I love the sound. Now it really sounds like a v-twin. I even like the "burbling" on decel. To get rid of it, should I desire, do I do the "marblizing" trick?
Apparently marblelizing helps with the popping/backfiring upon deaceleration after de-baffling. Seems like it might be worth your while. Whereas you have a "burbling"....that seems like a pleasant sound. It might not cure that.....it's meant to "cure" the annoying popping sound. From what I read...some have success, others don't. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The marble stops fresh air from being injected in the exhaust path thereby causing the excess fuel to ignite. The 900's run rich. Doesn't work completely on all bikes. Didn't seem to help mine at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I de-baffled mine Saturday and I love it so far. I went ahead and slapped a marble in there cuz it won't hurt anything either way and I have always been rebellious against emissions devices anyway. (my Nissan is straight 3" from the Turbo back)

So far hardly any popping maybe a couple times on decel during a 140 mile drive Sunday, but didn't seem out of the ordinary. Sounds great IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts