Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2013 900 Classic yesterday. The previous owner removed the baffles and it's just too loud for me. After about 30 minutes with a full face helmet , my ears are hurting.

Has anyone had any success with any aftermarket baffles on the stock pipes after the baffles are removed? I know V&N has some options, but not sure if they'd work with stock pipes.

Any other options/recommendations? Worst case, I'll just keep looking for OEM/Stock used Exhaust. Seems like black and having the original baffles is pretty rare though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have debaffled the pipes on my 900C, and love the sound.
There are aftermarket baffles out there but not sure if any have large enough diameter to fit. Measured my pipes out of interest and they are over 65mm in diameter.

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
150 Posts
I once had an old British 650 BSA. I was running a set of mufflers which were essentially straight pipes. The manufacturer sold them as 'Megaphone mufflers'.

Fast forward to today and the brand new stock mufflers on my Classic LT are too loud for me :) (Definitely getting old).

But with so many VN900 owners 'upgrading' to aftermarket mufflers, there must be some people getting rid of the stockers on eBay, Craigslist etc.. I just took a peek over on eBay and see there are a few VN900 stock mufflers listed there for Classics and Customs.. (But many of them are scraped). Keep an eye out and you might score a good deal on some clean ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But with so many VN900 owners 'upgrading' to aftermarket mufflers, there must be some people getting rid of the stockers on eBay, Craigslist etc.. I just took a peek over on eBay and see there are a few VN900 stock mufflers listed there for Classics and Customs.. (But many of them are scraped). Keep an eye out and you might score a good deal on some clean ones.
Thanks - Yeah I think that may end up being my best shot. I was only seeing new products before I forgot eBay motors was 'its own thing' - That definitely gave me some more options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up a 2013 900 Classic yesterday. The previous owner removed the baffles and it's just too loud for me. After about 30 minutes with a full face helmet , my ears are hurting.

Has anyone had any success with any aftermarket baffles on the stock pipes after the baffles are removed? I know V&N has some options, but not sure if they'd work with stock pipes.

Any other options/recommendations? Worst case, I'll just keep looking for OEM/Stock used Exhaust. Seems like black and having the original baffles is pretty rare though.
I had the same problem with my 2012 900C and found these baffles on ebay. took about 3 week to come from Hong Kong, Stainless steel and a bit small but the price was right. I fabricated two aluminum washers from 1/8 inch alum sheet that these slid into . I used a small drill to drill out the donut hole and finished it off with a sabre saw and file. I used sheet metal screws and washers to hold them in place. If I had to do it again I would be a bit more precise but I was happy with the results, sound was bearable and the backfiring was cut down. I figured for the price of two and a little fabricating they would be worth a try. I wasn't disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts