Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have installed the DDM tuning HID 35w kit, did you have a problem with the HI/Low function being reversed? I wired everything up without routing any of the wires just to make sure everything worked ok and my high and low function is reversed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
For those of you who have installed the DDM tuning HID 35w kit, did you have a problem with the HI/Low function being reversed? I wired everything up without routing any of the wires just to make sure everything worked ok and my high and low function is reversed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Have you tried swapping the clip at the ballast? When I installed the HIDs on my Trailblazer, we had to swap them.

That's all I really have to offer, sorry.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had that thought but all the clips are one directional. Kinda disappointing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You can pull the pins and switch them it is really easy. I had to do it on the hid kit I ordered

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok so I figured it out, its actually not reversed. Its a combination of the fact that I had my headlamp way out of alignment from installing the cobra visor, and the fact that quite honestly the low beam is ridiculously washed out with this kit. High beam is nice and focused but that low beam just scatters the light. I would say that I am not very impressed with this kit, but for the price I paid as long as it doesn't cause any electrical issues with my bike and doesn't burn out in the first year of use I would say money well spent. Oncoming motorist beware, this thing throws some light! When this kit dies I will be replacing it with the xenon experts kit. I have that kit in my Daytona 675 and the ballasts are smaller and quality is much better. Cost 3X as much though.

I might experiment with a washer if I can find one of the correct size to pull the bulb back into the housing a bit. If I could get low beam to be focused more like Hi, then this would be an amazing kit for the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts