Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my Daymaker headlight with the newly released adapter kit from Engineered Adapters! Randy Brewster is the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
833 Posts
Looks good. Have you ridden in the dark yet? I've got an Amazon knoch off and love it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. This is the SunPie version(Amazon), not the official HD brand. I plan to ride this weekend if it doesn’t rain too bad. I just installed it yesterday.

·
Houston, Texas
833 Posts
It's the same one I've got. I ride to work in the dark every morning and love it. Here's how it throws the light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the same one I've got. I ride to work in the dark every morning and love it. Here's how it throws the light.

Is that just the headlight in the clip or do you have driving/passing lights on too?

·
Houston, Texas
833 Posts
Driving lights also. I ride in the dark a lot and wanted to see better. I have the black version of the lights.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were about to get me excited, thinking my headlight alone would put out that much light.

·
Houston, Texas
833 Posts
The headlight alone does a real good job. For my early morning ride there's usually creatures, rabbits, racoons, etc, in the area before the freeway. If you noticed the right light is aimed over to light up the shoulder.

·
Super Moderator
853 Posts
Nice! I got one off Amazon for my 07 Nomad and when I saw what I would have to fabricate to install it I sent it back. An adapter kit would be a welcome thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally installed my Daymaker headlight with the newly released adapter kit from Engineered Adapters! Randy Brewster is the man!

I just looked at that adapter. It looks nice, but, ouch, $120??

I used the following ring adapter from Amazon and it worked great with a little finagling and $20:

The actual item is different than what’s pictured (newer version) and works with stock bucket and if you install it properly maintains adjustability, so you can still point your headlight.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
853 Posts
I found a link to the plans to have one 3D printed. Sent the link to a local printer and it's going to cost me $15. I don't have a headlight yet but I told him to make me one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just looked at that adapter. It looks nice, but, ouch, $120??

I used the following ring adapter from Amazon and it worked great with a little finagling and $20:

The actual item is different than what’s pictured (newer version) and works with stock bucket and if you install it properly maintains adjustability, so you can still point your headlight.
I thought about those at first, but I've heard horror stories about the tabs breaking from the engine/road vibrations on our bikes. The E.A. kit is heavy-duty and will probably outlast my bike. I plan to upgrade the light to a J.W. Speaker version later, and I would not feel comfortable installing a $200+ headlight assembly with a thin $20 Adjure mounting ring. I shop around for the best prices on parts, but I never go cheap in quality for any parts for my vehicles.

P.S. I was supposed to be a BETA tester for the mounting ring and get it nearly half priced, but I lost contact with Randy because of issues with my email provider, and missed that opportunity. He still offered a discounted price of $99 to the first 25 costumers the day of it's official release. I was in that group, probably the first 5 or 10.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a link to the plans to have one 3D printed. Sent the link to a local printer and it's going to cost me $15. I don't have a headlight yet but I told him to make me one.
I doubt a 3D printed plastic adaptor will allow you to adjust the beam correctly, if at all. I found some plans online for that too, but scratched the idea when I learned it was non-adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
853 Posts
I doubt a 3D printed plastic adaptor will allow you to adjust the beam correctly, if at all. I found some plans online for that too, but scratched the idea when I learned it was non-adjustable.
According to the post I read, he was able to use the stock adjustment screws.

·
Registered
562 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to the post I read, he was able to use the stock adjustment screws.
My OCD wouldn’t let me go that route. It’s solid metal for me. I hope it works out for you guys though. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts