Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I decided to try a 205/60R-16 KUMHO ECSTA LX PLATINUM XL rear tire on my 13 Nomad 1700. I had it installed on Tuesday and rode home with no problems and liked the feel. I didn't ride Wednesday. When I wanted to ride on Thursday, it was completely flat. I pumped it up to 40 lbs. and when I got up today, it was flat again. Possibly I picked up a nail, but I don't know and don't think so. The shop says they had no problem getting the tire to fit the rim and I plan haul it back to let them check it out.

Has anyone had a problem installing a 205/60R-16 when it would not hold air? It seems I read a thread a while back about someone who had this problem, but I can't find the thread. Does anyone have a thought on this?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Bad/stuck valve stem possibly? Are you using balance beads in the tire, these sometimes will get stuck in the valve stem and it will leak.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mystery solved

I apparently picked up a 2 inch self tapping screw on the interstate. The tire shop plugged it and said they fixed 3 others yesterday with the same screw! Go figure, in a 30 mile ride home I was so lucky. I just knew it had to be related to the tire being seated properly or the valve stem as Rick says.
Thanks guys for your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts