Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a Sumitomo HTR Z II 225/60-16 on my rear and love it. This is a question for others using the same tire. Has anyone run this tire with the air temperature at 40-50 degrees F.? Tire specs note this is a warm weather tire and I'm heading over the Rockies in mid-September and will likely encounter the above temps. Any advice or experiences would be helpful. Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
775 Posts
No

I guess not. :grin2:
I would wonder about that but only if it was at or very near freezing.

JJ :laugh2:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been on my bike with a good year tripple tread after the bike sat overnight at just below freezing. We pulled out that morning, it was 30 degrees. The first couple miles the bike felt a little soft like the tire was a couple psi low on pressure. 5 miles down the road, the tire had warmed up and everything felt normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put a Sumitomo HTR Z II 225/60-16 on my rear and love it. This is a question for others using the same tire. Has anyone run this tire with the air temperature at 40-50 degrees F.? Tire specs note this is a warm weather tire and I'm heading over the Rockies in mid-September and will likely encounter the above temps. Any advice or experiences would be helpful. Thanks, Bob
I have had those tires before. They are a summer tire not designed for freezing temperatures. However, I have driven on them in 30-50 degree winters, with no problem other than less traction. What vehicle did you put them on?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Oh, okay, I see what you are asking. I thought you meant North of 100MPH in cold weather.

Carry On then!

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
775 Posts
All Season

I have been on my bike with a good year tripple tread after the bike sat overnight at just below freezing. We pulled out that morning, it was 30 degrees. The first couple miles the bike felt a little soft like the tire was a couple psi low on pressure. 5 miles down the road, the tire had warmed up and everything felt normal.
The TT is an all season tire. :surprise:

JJ

·
Registered
228 Posts
i did not run that tire but i did run the Gerneal Altimax HP which is a warm weather tire. Rode it all last winter at and below 25°F, if the road is damp or wet and cold weather it got a little slippery but other than that it was fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts