Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to put a car tire costing less than 100 on my bike. I'm looking at discount tire direct, and here are a couple I'm looking at:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&tt=false&pc=43492&counter=0&ar=60&rd=16&sw=false&cs=205

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&tt=false&pc=32587&counter=0&ar=60&rd=16&sw=false&cs=205

Any other suggestions? I had a 225/60R16 on there at one point (an Altimax) but I took it off because of the way it handled and it was eating the fender liner. I'm thinking a narrower one will feel a lot better.

Other options I'm seeing locally are a Falken ZIEX 912 or a Firestone Champion HR.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Dunno about lower cost tires, but the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S I put on mine seems to be a pretty good one. Granted, it's my first darkside, but it's a hell of a tire in and of itself. Quite a bit more than $100 though (more like $180), in the Y-rated 205/55-16 size.

Even though it was a spendy tire, it's still way less $/mile than one MC tire even if by some odd chance it would only last 2x longer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got a nexen3000, 215/55/16 on 2 bikes, they work great feel almost like a bike tire. I had a Michelin on one but it was not good, was tippy and didn't turn in smoothly.
Go to TireCrawler .com you can get the tire for less than $100 to your door

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Profile I'd imagine can change lots. That's why I specifically picked the Pilot Sport A/S Plus because the shoulders are nicely rounded, as are those on the Nexen based on the pictures of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Falken

My first darkside was a Falken ZE-512 had it delivered to my door for $47.00 (back in 06) from discount tire direct.
I put 25000 miles on that tire without the first problem. I loved it and never looked back..

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Pearhead put a Yokohama Avid Envigor 205/60-16 on and seems to like it, albeit still fairly low miles. ~$89 when I looked at the V-rated version, about $10 less for the H-rated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pearhead put a Yokohama Avid Envigor 205/60-16 on and seems to like it, albeit still fairly low miles. ~$89 when I looked at the V-rated version, about $10 less for the H-rated.
Yes I did, and yes I do.
Very happy with it, still playing with pressures, 35 good, 36 not as good, 37 and 38 both good.
Tested both one and two up with all pressures., will be staying with 38.
The cost of the tire was $87.50....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
General altimax online is cheaper i found it for $99
Toyo Proxes, around $100
Hankook has some good stuff got a couple buds running them no issues.
I am not sure if anyone has ventured to the Chinese tires they have some cheap ones. Sunny and others.

I am supper stoked i got a friend who just had i kid and is trading his bike& truck for a SUV. it has a Goodyear TT with less than 2K on it the dealership is giving the tire back and putting a MT on. Free is awesome price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey anyone know of someone who will put a darkside tire on MC in the Liberty, Kansas City Missouri areas. Wanting/needing to switch and not finding anyone who will do it.

Thanks

Tracker 1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts