Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen and read some threads and have noticed some fellow riders say they were going to the Drak Side . What does this mean?

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's an option for those of us that put on miles and miles. I took my first one off early at 18500 because I was swapping rims. I expect to get low to mid 20's on the new one. I got 7500 out of the two tires I had before.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks milbeaulieu. Personally I dont like the look, but to each's own
Not so crazy on the looks of a car tire especially on the vn900 Custom either. A car tire on any bike with a short fender looks horrible in my opinion. On the Classic the bigger fender hides the car tire better but I figured a new set of motorcycle tires every other season is not so bad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an option for those of us that put on miles and miles. I took my first one off early at 18500 because I was swapping rims. I expect to get low to mid 20's on the new one. I got 7500 out of the two tires I had before.
So its not for looks but for milage? I did not know that. I have heard some people getting almost 20K out of there bike tires though

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not so crazy on the looks of a car tire especially on the vn900 Custom either. A car tire on any bike with a short fender looks horrible in my opinion. On the Classic the bigger fender hides the car tire better but I figured a new set of motorcycle tires every other season is not so bad.
I agree with you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well for me I need miles, others say they like the wide look. You're never going to pin everyone down on what looks good. I hate black, ghosts, flames and friggin Iron crosses with pointy crap all over the bike. Not that big a fan of chrome, just another surface to blind me with sunshine when I need to be seeing the road.

I have heard some folks claim they've gotten close to 20 k out of their tires. I still wonder if we're talking miles or K's. But, I had the OEM and a Metzler on my bike and NEITHER lasted over 7500 miles. I don't know where or how the other folks ride but I don't seem to ride any different then everyone else I ride with, don't think it's just me. I DO get mid 20's out of the car tires. Some of these high mileage genius's would probably get 60, if they road that much a year and I'm thinking some of them do.

Like I said, it's just an option, one that I use but you may not want to.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well for me I need miles, others say they like the wide look. You're never going to pin everyone down on what looks good. I hate black, ghosts, flames and friggin Iron crosses with pointy crap all over the bike.
+1, Clean. Add to that references to death (skulls, bones, etc.) Maybe some dark need to be portrayed as a badazz?

But, to each his/her own, including the way I feel about the looks and the comments I get on the Altimax that adorns my 9c. BTW, will be turning 20k on it in the next month or so and it still looks like it has another 10k in it. Not bad for a $70 tire...heehee.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I hate black, ghosts, flames and friggin Iron crosses with pointy crap all over the bike.

Not a big fan of ghost, crosses or anything like that either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ride with a bunch of "Darksiders" and they are getting in the mid to upper 20 THOU on their car tires. When my pirelli's run out, I'll be switching too. Gen Altimax here we come.

PS...say no to crosses, skulls, pointy things and such........

but I do like a little "bling" now and then.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like skulls,flames,chrome & the darkside.Flat black I can do with out my MOM used to paint everything flat black that was old,it looks ok but not for me.

·
Registered
976 Posts
see. proves my point. If we can't all agree on bling and flames and oil, how we gonna agree on tires. Heck, I know folks that swear by or swear at Avon tires, or dunflops.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have heard some folks claim they've gotten close to 20 k out of their tires. I still wonder if we're talking miles or K's. But, I had the OEM and a Metzler on my bike and NEITHER lasted over 7500 miles. I don't know where or how the other folks ride but I don't seem to ride any different then everyone else I ride with, don't think it's just me. I DO get mid 20's out of the car tires. Some of these high mileage genius's would probably get 60, if they road that much a year and I'm thinking some of them do.

I got 7500 out of my dunlop. I got 19500 out of my Metz (thats Miles, NOT Km's) and thats when the tire was ready to be changed, not bald and void of tread.
im not trying to start a tire thing here, just stating what I got out of my metz. from what Ive heard of others getting out of thier metz's, im really suprised to see you only got 7500. something was wrong there i think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts