Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the discussions about this. I'm going to the dark side and am down to 2 different tires.
Just would like input on these:
Goodyear Triple Tread or Yokohama Avid Envigor.
Size will be 215/60
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The Yokohama has a slightly better temperature and load index. Also a higher speed rating if that matters :) But the Goodyear has a lot more reviews and higher average rating.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Do not give # of ratings and average rating much value 'cus they both are based on people that bought those tires for cars and the use on a bike is different. I would choose a tire for my bike based on previous use on bikes (real references for the intended use), brand quality and thread look/profile, I do not care much for tires that have a car tire thread, particularly 'cus in my bike you can see enough of the tire to make this an issue.

I recently had to change my rear tire after I damaged the old one (was not careful enough with bolt head clearance) and ended up putting a 205/65/r16 from TOYO that had the right profile and good directional thread that looks great, a plus was the tire is a sport car tire and that means it has a softer rubber that will help my bike grab the road more better.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I went the same way size wise as Chanoc, 205/65-16R for the same reason. I had a 215 on there but a big bump with 2 UP caused a rooster tail of rubber so I went slimmer and taller... Falken Zeix XE-912. Bought 2 more cause I liked the first one so much lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts