Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone give me a make and model for the DS tire they're running on their Voyager. I'm trying to find a 195/60-16 DS tire, but everything I'm finding seems to require the removal or modification of the belt guard to fit it. My tire guy is also telling me that all the tires he's finding are recommending nothing smaller than a 5.5" rim. Voyagers 4.75". Any known issues with this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have 8000 miles on a 205 65 16 Yokohama Avid Envigor and I just had to bend the belt guard slightly...thats it love it!!

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Could anyone give me a make and model for the DS tire they're running on their Voyager. I'm trying to find a 195/60-16 DS tire, but everything I'm finding seems to require the removal or modification of the belt guard to fit it. My tire guy is also telling me that all the tires he's finding are recommending nothing smaller than a 5.5" rim. Voyagers 4.75". Any known issues with this?
I am using a Dunlop SP 5000 195/60 – 16. There's no issue whatsoever when going with a 195. Even though the rim is 4.75 it works just fine and has been for over a year now. Sometimes you just have to dive in and get yourself wet. "You can do it Luke"-the water's fine.:D

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Bridgestone Toranza EL400 195/60/15 my speedo is now only 2mph off at 80mph instead of 7 on the stock tire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
195 60 16 Avid. No problems on the install. Did not have to bend anything. For others running the Avid what tire pressure are you using.

Thanks

Lobo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for your input. Went with a Hancook Optima, 195/60-16. Went about 20 miles and have zero complaints. Running 28 psi, thinking I should bump it up to 30 psi. Anyone have any thoughts on the pressure? Most of my riding is 2 up.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Thanks to all for your input. Went with a Hancook Optima, 195/60-16. Went about 20 miles and have zero complaints. Running 28 psi, thinking I should bump it up to 30 psi. Anyone have any thoughts on the pressure? Most of my riding is 2 up.
I'm curious as to why you chose 28 psi when that tire recommended pressure is 44? Anyway I'm now running 40 PSI as are a lot of others on this forum. I tried 35 and that seemed to soft.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I run 42 psi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave, My rationale on the psi is that I figured a lower pressure would allow the sidewall to roll a little more and keep more of the tread on the road, rather than having to fight to roll it up. 28 did seem a little low, especially with the wife on, so I bumped it up to 32 and it doesn't seem bad at all. If you all are running in the low 40's, I'll have to bump it up and give it a go.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
That's good, give it a go. You might just like it.
Besides, you have nothing to loose and could gain some handling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts