Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone here maybe tried the puig dark horse windshield for our kawi? Would love to see your opinions on that one :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks about the same size and shape as the Cafe deflector. Nice look, not sure it would provide any wind protection.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, Im looking for something that will block a little wind but not something as massive as madstad22" xd

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just installed a National Cycle Deflector (tinted, QuickSet mount) and I’m really happy with it. It looks good, not too big. Above 55 mph there is some minor helmet buffeting but the trade-off is substantially less wind on the body. I also like the fact that the QuickSet mount permits quick and easy removal/reinstall, leaving only small brackets on the handlebars. The QuickSet mount lets you adjust the tilt of the shield, along with up/down and fore/aft. As a side note, I ordered from Revzilla, as it was cheaper than ordering directly from National Cycle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would that work for a 5'6" rider? I'm looking for a windscreen and was trying to size out options. :(

I just installed a National Cycle Deflector (tinted, QuickSet mount) and I’m really happy with it. It looks good, not too big. Above 55 mph there is some minor helmet buffeting but the trade-off is substantially less wind on the body. I also like the fact that the QuickSet mount permits quick and easy removal/reinstall, leaving only small brackets on the handlebars. The QuickSet mount lets you adjust the tilt of the shield, along with up/down and fore/aft. As a side note, I ordered from Revzilla, as it was cheaper than ordering directly from National Cycle.
View attachment 249033
View attachment 249034

·
Registered
37 Posts
Would that work for a 5'6" rider? I'm looking for a windscreen and was trying to size out options. :(
I wouldn’t see why not. I’m 5’ 11”. There is a lot of adjustability in those QuickSet mounts. When I first tried positioning the shield, I had it about 3” lower, then moved it up and back. Just make sure you leave a little gap between the bottom of the shield and the headlight cowl, this lets in air and reduces buffeting on your chest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn’t see why not. I’m 5’ 11”. There is a lot of adjustability in those QuickSet mounts. When I first tried positioning the shield, I had it about 3” lower, then moved it up and back. Just make sure you leave a little gap between the bottom of the shield and the headlight cowl, this lets in air and reduces buffeting on your chest.
Awesome. I'll give it a shot, I guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome. I'll give it a shot, I guess.
If you search in this forum for “deflector” you’ll find a thread for this shield titled National Cycles Deflector Screen- Installed! (or see the link below). I believe the poster is your height. He has some good pics and feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts