Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 900 for a couple weeks now, just last week I got some engine guards installed and not a moment too soon. Was pulling out of the driveway, classic newbie mistake...I zoned out, ended up looking down and wouldn't you know it...the bike following where i was looking. Engine guards work great, only a few nicks in them and I'm super thankful I was only at a slow roll.

I knew I shouldn't be riding since I'm sicker than a dog from a head cold and soo not on my game...lesson learnt I must say.

Other than that, put on a new Saddleman Explorer, not too thrilled with the look, think it takes away from the sleekness of the bike, but my passenger is super happy lol. Thinking I might invest in a solo since I ride solo 90% of the time anyways, and that way she'll be back to looking spanky.

Safe riding everyone...and remember Newbie's...Eyes up :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Highway bars (crash bars, engine guards) are worth their weight in gold! Started riding 2 up a years ago - the wife and I had not established good communication skills between us yet. We came to a rest stop on a weekend trip - I brought the bike to a stop. She departed the bike sooner than I had expected. Lets say we both departed after that. The guards did their job! We knew what our next job was going to be...talk out a plan on how we plan to unmount! Lesson learned!

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
Had the 900 for a couple weeks now, just last week I got some engine guards installed and not a moment too soon. Was pulling out of the driveway, classic newbie mistake...I zoned out, ended up looking down and wouldn't you know it...the bike following where i was looking. Engine guards work great, only a few nicks in them and I'm super thankful I was only at a slow roll.

I knew I shouldn't be riding since I'm sicker than a dog from a head cold and soo not on my game...lesson learnt I must say.

Other than that, put on a new Saddleman Explorer, not too thrilled with the look, think it takes away from the sleekness of the bike, but my passenger is super happy lol. Thinking I might invest in a solo since I ride solo 90% of the time anyways, and that way she'll be back to looking spanky.

Safe riding everyone...and remember Newbie's...Eyes up :D
Glad you and the bike are both ok missviolet.. I hope you get feeling better soon.;)

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Engine guards are great.

When I started riding I made my share of mistakes. Stopping with a bad foot position, stopping with the wheel turned hard, looking down, etc. Thankfully, because I'm tall, I was always able to hold it up and not drop it. But it came close a few times!

The highway bars are worth it just for the piece of mind that if I HAD dropped it, i'd be okay. Plus, sticking some pegs on there makes it an AWESOME ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts