Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Just got home from a 4 hour ride and a tad under 200 miles. Have I mentioned lately I'm really liking this retirement thing.

I like old post offices, stopped and got this picture.

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

Then road over to Stonehenge II, it's actually kinda neat.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Fuel tank

Ecoregion Plant community Natural environment Organism Mammal

Then stopped for this picture, was definitely nicer in person.

Plant Mountain Plant community Sky Ecoregion

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Went by a river crossing I had been by since winter of 2019. This picture from 2019.

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

And this morning.

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Automotive tire

Heading home I passed this, always wondered where my Canadian friends went when they came to Texas. Sorry @NorthernRider and others, just couldn't resist.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Grass

Then one last stop for a drink and stretch.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

Sure was a nice ride.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The retirement thing is awesome!

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Last night I mentioned to Carla if she got up early enough before it got too hot I would take her to breakfast. There are two major things in life that really seem to motivate my wife, food and sleep. She normally does a really good job staying motivated on Sunday mornings by sleeping in. I normally wake up my normal 6am this morning, get up, make some coffee, sitting in my chair reading the forums. I hear the alarm clock go off in the bedroom, I'm thinking crap, she's going to be grumpy. I continue drinking my coffee and a few minutes later I hear her coming down the hall, fully dress with helmet and riding jacket in hand, saying let's go. Wow, caught me off guard. So we head off to breakfast on the trike. We stop and get breakfast at OST, the second oldest restaurant in Texas with great home style cooking.

Sky Building Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Wood Barware Building Art Tableware

So we eat a full breakfast and she says, let's keep riding a bit. We head north to Medina with tree lined roads along the Medina River.

Sky Plant Mountain Ecoregion Natural landscape

Wasn't a long ride, but nice temps with little traffic.

A few ride impressions, I had softened the rear preload some, but still a little stiff. More seat time two up I'll ride the best setting. Carla enjoyed the ride and actually had no negative comments, this is actually major, she's very very opinionated. Her comment that she looking forward to weather cooling and longer rides. This was a very nice first real two up ride on the trike. I was told I couldn't post any pictures of her, as no makeup and helmet hair was the dress code of the morning.

Here's the video from this mornings ride. The dirt road footage coming home I showed first, even though it was actually filmed last. There's been several folks ask how the trike does on the dirt rode. It's extremely secure feeling compared to two wheels, but still rough. You will notice I ride a tad to the left on the open road, with left rear wheel close to center most of the time. What I'm finding it due to road crown the trike tracks straight in that path. I can cheat to right and get the same results but normally the right side of road has more debris. Other than not leaning in corners the sensation is identical to being on two wheels. After watching at least some of the video, can you really tell I'm on a trike? Not counting leaning in corners?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got out for another nice ride today. Was 107 when I got home, about killed me. I need to start earlier and not ride as long.

That guy was just pissed because you passed him on a trike! 🤣

Nice vid and that bike sure seems to handle the curves nicely.

I've been moving the past week and a half and as you know the riding time has been limited. Been putting miles on my truck and trailer though. I finally got out on the bike for a little exploring tonight.

Keep the vids coming. One of these days I'm going to get down there!

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
That guy was just pissed because you passed him on a trike! 🤣

Nice vid and that bike sure seems to handle the curves nicely.

I've been moving the past week and a half and as you know the riding time has been limited. Been putting miles on my truck and trailer though. I finally got out on the bike for a little exploring tonight.

Keep the vids coming. One of these days I'm going to get down there!
Thanks, come on down anytime. Yea, the moving socks. Hopefully it's a positive move for you.

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Just got home. Nice, but long day and very sad as trip was for a celebration of life. Service was good and spent some time with friends I hadn't seen for a while. The rain I caught lasted about 30 minutes and was a gully washer. It was just pull over and let it pass rather that putting rain suit on. I did get pretty wet, but was dry in about 5 minutes down the road. Don't tell the local police the top speed that's on the video, I had to make it home to feed the pups. @BlueRibbonRM, I might have you beat this month in the mileage challenge, nothing like @CarGuy, but still going to be decent month.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,987 Posts
Just got home. Nice, but long day and very sad as trip was for a celebration of life. Service was good and spent some time with friends I hadn't seen for a while. The rain I caught lasted about 30 minutes and was a gully washer. It was just pull over and let it pass rather that putting rain suit on. I did get pretty wet, but was dry in about 5 minutes down the road. Don't tell the local police the top speed that's on the video, I had to make it home to feed the pups. @BlueRibbonRM, I might have you beat this month in the mileage challenge, nothing like @CarGuy, but still going to be decent month.
Chances are my mileage is really low, between catching covid which threw my equilibrium off for a couple weeks, multiple problems that needed addressed at the house, and general lack of free time it has been one hell of a month.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts