Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
I use two very cost effective cameras. I was lucky enough to get mine for $39 a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/WinBook-HD-Action-Cam-WiFi/dp/B00UMMJL9C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=KDV18GGDDN9P&keywords=winbook+camera&qid=1654186938&sprefix=Winbook+,aps,217&sr=8-3

Automotive tire Font Screenshot Automotive design Parallel

I've had them on two bikes, current bike:

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle

And day I totaled my Harley

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Second camera is on helmet

Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

And here it is after sliding down highway

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tableware Bumper Fender

They both still work and definitely recommend. I have several friends who also have same camera and never had an issue. It's outdated software but takes decent videos.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I use two very cost effective cameras. I was lucky enough to get mine for $39 a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/WinBook-HD-Action-Cam-WiFi/dp/B00UMMJL9C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=KDV18GGDDN9P&keywords=winbook+camera&qid=1654186938&sprefix=Winbook+,aps,217&sr=8-3

View attachment 255848

I've had them on two bikes, current bike:

View attachment 255849

And day I totaled my Harley

View attachment 255850

Second camera is on helmet

View attachment 255851

And here it is after sliding down highway

View attachment 255852

They both still work and definitely recommend. I have several friends who also have same camera and never had an issue. It's outdated software but takes decent videos.
Thank you, sir

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
398 Posts
And i thought my videos were boring. lol Just kidding. I wish i was riding right there with you. Love the twisties.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
398 Posts
This was from a few years back. This is on my 250cc dual sport with off road nobbies. I like living on the edge. Lol My favorite place to ride.

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Nice ride! Looks like a beautiful day. I'm not judging, but did I see you pass that car in a no passing zone? I sure you stayed under the speed limit. :LOL: Just like I do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice ride! Looks like a beautiful day. I'm not judging, but did I see you pass that car in a no passing zone? I sure you stayed under the speed limit. :LOL: Just like I do. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
What? Those double yellow lines? That just a suggestion. 😂 Damn Sunday driver. Lol

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I finally got a few days of 'Wind Therapy'.

Starting on Thursday and ending today (Saturday) I rode to Kerrville, rode over a couple of the Texas 'Sisters' (FM 336 and FM337) with a group, visited with fellow VROC members, collected 17 Texas Motorcycle Grand Tour sites, visited with a niece and nephew, and had an overall Grand Time!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dang, @bikerbill, you got pretty close to @Lesblank and me. Even with me heading out for Cali later this month, you'll be a force to be reckoned with on the June miles contest! I know you were with a group, but you were close enough for me to swing out to meet you and say "hi", or at least give you the "biker's wave" lol.

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
I finally got a few days of 'Wind Therapy'.

Starting on Thursday and ending today (Saturday) I rode to Kerrville, rode a couple the Texas 'Sisters' (FM 336 and FM337) with a group, visited with fellow VROC members, collected 17 Texas Motorcycle Grand Tour sites, visited with a niece and nephew, and had an over Grand Time!!

Looks like a great ride.. Definitely let me know when you are down this way again. Remember I live in Bandera now. Could have meet you for a simple hand shake and many tag along for a while.

Ecoregion Map World Line Font

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Damn guys! I'm sorry for the omission. I was so absorbed in getting to this event that I forgot that you guys live nearby. Next time I will do better. (I hope)
I understand, I've been to Eastland and Abilene a few times recently and get tied up with other stuff. I know you are still a bit away from there, but definitely would be close enough for a cup of coffee.

The Vanderpool to Leakey is my favorite part of the Sisters with the Hwy 41 to Leakey, which y'all didn't do, my second favorite. Which part do you prefer?

Edit, see you did do the 41 to Leakey.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
All of the riding was Great!

My hope is to go back and ride it solo so that I'm not confined to the speed of the group. Even the 'fast' group that I was with on 337 east of Leakey was being a bit conservative at times. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
All of the riding was Great!

My hope is to go back and ride it solo so that I'm not confined to the speed of the group. Even the 'fast' group that I was with on 337 east of Leakey was being a bit conservative at times. :)
Let us know when you do. Maybe we can join you!

Reactions: bikerbill

·
Registered
710 Posts
81 - 100 of 111 Posts