Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Here's the bike mounted camera video. Basically unedited for those who want to see the area, it's long, 13 minutes. Forgot to strip audio, might want to turn sound down

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Got another short ride in today to pick some stuff up at store for wife and got a scavenger hunt on another forum I'm, I'm striking out getting ours.

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Got a nice ride in today. The Relive video is of complete ride and another scavenger hunt, just can't find out ours.

Here's the East to West Video of Ranch Road 336, the beginning of the Twisted Sisters.

And the West to East run.

And a few pictures I took.

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Sky Cloud Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Sky Mountain Cloud Plant Natural landscape

Hopefully y'all can see why we are so excited about living here and not Houston anymore where the highest point other than a skyscraper was a freeway overpass.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I did 337 and 335 when I went on the GT of Texas trip a few weeks ago. Every time I go I'm just in awe how different the "deep" hill country is from the rest of Texas. Absolutely gorgeous with fantastic motorcycle riding. Beware the turn that has the 15mph warning! You better do 15 lol.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
The bike camera really doesn't show the scenery very well. As @CarGuy said great riding roads. You are correct on some on the suggested speed, I find myself doing a few mid corner speed adjustments from time to time.

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
Carla needed a gallon of distilled water, being the nice wonderful husband I am, :sick:, I volunteered to go get it for her, of course had to take the bike. Was a tad warm at 90 degrees but not to bad. After a search for the 4H scavenger hunt target on another forum I was ready to head out. This retirement thing and getting to go for rides like this is really nice.

I'm still getting used to this dirt road stuff.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Do you always ride with your head tilted that way. :ROFLMAO: Mine would get sore!

• Haha

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
This morning Carla says she's going to get hair cut and nails done. Turned to me and asked what my plans were. I told her I had a date with Twisted Sisters. At first she didn't know what I was talking about, then said have fun. Here's the Relive of the Twisted Sisters. Have about 4 hours of videos I'll go thru later.

·
Registered
710 Posts
This morning Carla says she's going to get hair cut and nails done. Turned to me and asked what my plans were. I told her I had a date with Twisted Sisters. At first she didn't know what I was talking about, then said have fun. Here's the Relive of the Twisted Sisters. Have about 4 hours of videos I'll go thru later.
You know, you went from living in a place I would never consider riding a motorcycle in (Houston), to one of the best places in the country to ride! You make me jealous. :mad:

·
Houston, Texas
1,827 Posts
You know, you went from living in a place I would never consider riding a motorcycle in (Houston), to one of the best places in the country to ride! You make me jealous. :mad:
When I rode into Houston in 1973 population was 1 million. It was big but spreadout and still had a smaller town feel. Then with oil and gas companies making their headquarters there it grew into that big town feel. It went from a bigger "Texas" town to an international feeling. Traffic went from that Texas Wave type mentality to get out of my way. I rode in it so long I was kinda use to it, Traffic and unfriendly drivers were a daily thing. Houston is flat, really flat and road are straight, really straight being extremely boring. So, move out of Houston with current population of 6.5 million people to the sticks. Closest town is Bandera, 9 miles away, with population of 956. The subdivision I lived in back in Houston had 7500 people. In fact Bandera County only has 22k people. Roads here and curves and altitude changes which are a blast to ride. Thankfully my wife embraced my retirement plan.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts