Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,625 Posts
He’s definitely single and wants to be noticed. If he was married the Mrs wouldn’t allow that. Pretty wild though and am sure it gets lots of looks.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
Y'all know I post a lot of weird stuff. Well on my way to work this morning at 4am. Normally only a few cars out with folks heading in to work and maybe a drunk or two heading home. I see a motorcycle headlight behind me for about a mile staying a few bike lengths back. We get caught by the light at the freeway and he pulls up beside me. It's 48 degrees, I have my leather jacket, chaps and heavy gloves on. I look over and see this, shorts with butt hanging out. I got cold just seeing this. So, do you think he's leaving a party or going to work?

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,508 Posts
This reminds me of one of my dumbest ideas while riding...back when I had my zx6r I had a brilliant idea to go to my favorite bar which was holding an end of summer party with prizes for best outfit so I got a grass skirt and coconut bra for the event and won! The dumb part was riding my bike with just a helmet, the coconut bra, and the flesh colored pants the grass skirt came with. Oh and sneakers too. Yeah people who were stopped next to me at red lights sure had a look on their faces! The smartest move of the night was drinking more than I should have and going up the 25mph road back home at closer to 125....I am not proud of my past but grateful nothing bad happened that night and have since grown up and realized how absolutely necessary it is to ride with proper gear.

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
We need to see those pictures of that. Was wearing the dress breezy? Did you shave your legs? Now on the other hand when I wear a costume, other than my real face, I get pictures. Are y'all understand better my "Loose Nut" nickname?

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,508 Posts
I kept the actual grass portion in my backpack as it would melt if it touched the exhaust and probably get caught in the wheel, they came with these baggy flesh colored pants to wear under the grass which is what I wore on the ride then put the skirt on after arriving so it looked like I wasn't even wearing pants :LOL: probably not the smartest pictures to circulate on the internet haha but a couple years ago when my wife showed pictures to some of our friends one of them thought it would be hilarious to use the picture to make a throw pillow for her husband.....yeah it's on their couch to this day!

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
Just got home after a great ride with four different forums attending:

Four of us left Houston and 10am and meet with one rider, @CarGuy, from San Marcos at Lake Fayette, which is about half way. We chatted a bit then went and had lunch in Fayetteville. The Houston riders took a slightly different route home to enjoy the beautiful day while the San Marcos rider headed home. The bluebonnets (Texas State Flower) are still in bloom and pasts lots of folks stopping for pictures. @CarGuy joined us and he has one beautiful bike, I mean really, really nice. We all had some great conversation, even if one is a car salesman, sorry @CarGuy. We are definitely doing this again real soon and actually plan it a little better.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It was great meeting @Lesblank and the others! The morning ride there was absolutely wonderful with temps in the mid to upper 60's and low humidity when leaving San Marcos. The ride back reminded me of what's to come. It's been awhile since I rode in 90° weather. Anyway, Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to more in the future.

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
Went on a nice 10 hour, 500 mile ride yesterday, here's the Relive:

Here's the video of ride yesterday. Warning: it's long. Didn't realize it was that long. You can fast forward the part that says "on other side of San Antonio, rest isn't too bad. I wanted to look at my new land after 3.5 inches of rain in the previous 24 hours, I was pleased. The land isn't much to look at now, but hopefully over the next few months I can get my improvements done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rode about 65 miles to meet up with the East Tennessee BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) chapter. Great group to know about. Look them up sometime.
Made my way back home through the Tennessee hills. Probably about 150 miles total. It was my longest day since getting my Nomad on Monday. These bikes are fantastic in all ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
Y'all know I try making videos, not very good at it, but still have fun trying. I get asked sometimes the speed I'm going and it's hard to see speedometer. I run a speedometer app on my phone using a split screen with maps. I reversed the app color to be able to see better in the day light. I edited the video to show heading all directions of the sun on
my way home. Here's the black background:

Here's the white background at dark:

Here's the white background during day, it's pretty long, to lazy to edit. It was on same road as black background. Please fast forward to get different lighting. I like the white background the best. Comments?

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
On another forum we are passing around a maskot. I have it now and made a quick video of my commute today. Hope y'all enjoy my poor attempt of humor.

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
Took some time off from packing yesterday to meet with a friend from another forum dropping his daughter off at Texas A&M. I had some good video of the campus, but a bug decided to commit suicide on my camera lens. :mad:

·
Registered
03 mean streak
71 Posts
Recorded my commute home today. First go at it, used my phone in 1080p30fps.

Maybe make some more in the future.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Houston, Texas
1,467 Posts
That was nice. I'm impressed with your phone. Most phones have an issue with refresh rate and video turns out blurry. Likes the twisty, tree lines part of your commute.

·
Registered
03 mean streak
71 Posts
That was nice. I'm impressed with your phone. Most phones have an issue with refresh rate and video turns out blurry. Likes the twisty, tree lines part of your commute.
Thanks!

It's a xiaomi redmi note 8 pro. 64mp camera, does 4k @30fps, or [email protected]

Came out alright although the sound quality seems to be lacking.

There are some decent winding roads locally, but also some lack of maintenance on them so have to beware.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts