Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Still in the box. Ride Sunday. I sent back the C4 to Revzilla due to the pinlock issue. It would not fully seat. So...….it was corrected on later runs. You figure the German QA was better. Revzilla called me saying they cannot replace the C4 as all the ones in stock have same issue. I ordered a new one from rockymountianatv overnight for 20 bucks. Only reason is I purchased the Sena SC! module with is C4 specific and it just arrived yesterday from Germany. It was 125 bucks cheaper than Revzilla.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the RF1200 as well, my first "real" helmet, and I have to admit I'm fairly disappointed by how noisy it is. It's pretty light, has really good visibility, fairly good airflow, and it's a great fit, but it's much louder than I was expecting it to be given the reviews I'd read before getting it last year.

:wink2:
That is the first I've heard anyone call that helmet noisy. Vents open or closed? Noise and weight we're the two reasons I chose the rf1200. Hoping it's as good as I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Vents open or closed, it's basically the same.

It could very well be the shape of my head, or how wind gets directed up and disrupted by my floorboards or feet or legs. And I've almost never seen a negative review online for it, so I guess it's just my luck!

Nothing good earplugs don't fix, anyway.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
UPDATE:

So...……….Shoei is nice. Quieter than the cheap Chinese crapolas I had. Vents open or closed not much difference. I am using a Sena 20S Evo with slim speakers. Still the flagger with the blue visor is awesome.

Now...……...Shuberth C4......I received the Sena SC1 that goes fits in the rim of the helmet and awesome. Except, I received both the replacement C4 from Rockymountainatv and Sena from Germany last Friday. They both arrived same day. The Sena wouldn't work and the visor did not remain shut (same issue with original purchase from Revzilla. I overnighted it to Shuberth in California for repair. The helmet was not put together correctly. Shuberth was VERY VERY responsive and I just received it back this afternoon. They overnighted it as I overnighted the lid to them Friday. I will take it for a cruise after work in the lovely 82F degrees, 27C for you metric folks :)

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That is the first I've heard anyone call that helmet noisy. Vents open or closed? Noise and weight we're the two reasons I chose the rf1200. Hoping it's as good as I've heard.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hey Dustin that Blue bike suxs LOL

Same color as mine :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts