Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schuberth C4 and SHOEI RF1200
MY XMAS GIFTS FROM ME TO ME!
C4 on tail. Save up for these. Tired of my yema helmets buffeting my neck to death.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Did you get them at the Christmas in January Sale? :smile2: I didn't realize you had two heads, no wonder you have neck buffeting. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cause I like you Tom I wont tell you to go to hell lol. Ones a modular and the other a full. Yeah got them on closeout!! 50 percent off. I'm surprised you didnt tell me my mirrors belong on a radio flyer they look so small lol. In reality, I see more than stock ones.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can you give us honest air flow assessments of them? I’m always looking for high air flow in the 100 degree Texas heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only rode with the c4 today and froze me noggin off using the top vent. I live in Miami, my scorpion and yema sucked. No flow. I actually felt the air through my hair. The chin vent not so much. Then again, the clip that holds the visor closed is defective and revzilla is sending out another one tomorrow. This might be the reason why no seal and the chin vent did not work. The drop down shade is dark and optically correct. Amazing. As for the Shoei, havent tried it yet. Maybe this weekend. I brought the c4 cause it's already preinstalled with mic and headphones. You just drop the cartridge style sena sc1 under the helmet and the other slit the battery. Nothing visible.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have an offer in on eBay for the rf1200 on eBay right now!! Really loved my old shoei. Graphics were way too over the top for the KVS though.

Love the flagger styling too. Not to flashy , but a lot of personality. Goes really well with your bike too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You will Love the Shoei. It's the only Helmet that fits my Huge Noggin. I have a Shoei Neotec modular helmet which I bought last year at closeout just before the new Neotec II came out. Saved about 300 bucks of the MSRP but it was still over $500 bucks. However, it is the best 500 I have spent on a helmet. Fits like a glove and the sunvisor is crystal clear and it came with the Pinlock insert for the shield and the chin curtain. It's a great overall helmet.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom has been very mean to me Rider. I want him banned :) lol Changed my mind I need his wisdom so I retract my request!

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats. Wait till you see the paint job. How it blends in the back to different gradients. Pretty effing cool. I just received the blue spectra visor today!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Got my shoei flagger. $400 shipped!! Matte black and red.

Sweet deal.

I really like the look of the Flagger. For whatever reason, Shoei helmets just don't fit my noggin right. I think in technical terms, I have a "round" head, and Shoei tends to cater more towards an "oval" or "intermediate oval". Even by replacing the pads with thicker/thinner ones to compensate, it just never comes out right.

My most recent helmet is an Arai Quantum-X and it doesn't have the best aesthetic but it fits like a dream.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sweet deal.

My most recent helmet is an Arai Quantum-X and it doesn't have the best aesthetic but it fits like a dream.
A comfortable helmet is one that gets worn. That's all that really matters. If they wouldn't have accepted my offer I would have gone matte black plain.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I have the RF1200 as well, my first "real" helmet, and I have to admit I'm fairly disappointed by how noisy it is. It's pretty light, has really good visibility, fairly good airflow, and it's a great fit, but it's much louder than I was expecting it to be given the reviews I'd read before getting it last year.

To compare, my last helmet was a basic Scorpion, and I only wore earplugs on longer rides. With the Shoei, it's earplugs every time, even just for a quick run to get gas.

Interested to *hear* your experience with it! :wink2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts