Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..would appreciate very much any info you tech guys out there can give me regarding my VV set up.Living in the UK I have a 1700 VV with an O2 sensor in my stock exhaust.I`ve managed to purchase a D&D exhaust system off UK ebay.The guy I purchased it off had an O2 sensor fitted into the exhaust so that the ECU still functioned properly.I`ve fitted the system & I`m extremely happy with the outcome regarding mid range power increase & awesome sound.What concerns me is how lean my engine may be running now. D&D state that no remapping is needed, but this is regarding the US fitting without the O2 sensor..is it better for me to still use the O2 sensor...or bipass it using an O2 eliminator..making the VV US spec..I`ve fitted a K&N airfilter as per D&D recomendation..I get a small amount of popping.but nothing excessive.I`ve got a Cobra FI2000 unit that i used on my previos VN1600 classic with Cobra Slashcuts. Could this be used to any advantage on my VV.The last thing i want to do is damage the engine..I`ve done 8k miles on my 2009...about 1.5k on this set up....ride safe everyone..thanks....Ray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts