Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FuelPak controller on my bike. When I get down on the throttle in second gear it reaches a certain point and cuts out for just one second and then back on. I can slow down and gas it again and it's ok. It doesn't do it all the time but most of the time. Any idea what this could be? Maybe a glitch in my fuel controller? Doesn't do it in any other gear but second. It's just a momentary cut out. It's got me puzzled..........:confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Put a Cobra on it. Never had a problem with mine. FI2000R

Can you disconnect the controller and see if it still has that flat spot.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I have a FuelPak controller on my bike. When I get down on the throttle in second gear it reaches a certain point and cuts out for just one second and then back on. I can slow down and gas it again and it's ok. It doesn't do it all the time but most of the time. Any idea what this could be? Maybe a glitch in my fuel controller? Doesn't do it in any other gear but second. It's just a momentary cut out. It's got me puzzled..........:confused:
Sorry to say but this is the typical scenario of 2nd gear jumping OUT of engagement then jumping back in.

I've been workin on skoots for over 38 years and 99.9999% of the time this occurs it is a typical 2nd gear problem.

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
When I had that experience with my V2K, I found I was hitting the rev limiter.
Certainly could be, if he is not aware of the rpm the engine is turning, but as he states it only happens in 2nd gear. Kinda narrows it down.

Hopefully he's just over revving it in 2nd and no other gear!!

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
What you have described is exactly what I just had fixed on my bike. The shift fork was bent and allowing 2nd gear to pop in and out. I hope it's not that, cause it was expensive to fix.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cut Out

But what's odd is it just does it at 38mph under moderate throttle. That makes me think it might be electrical. Maybe a glitch in my fuel controller. I don't know. I'm not hitting the rev limiter........:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
But what's odd is it just does it at 38mph under moderate throttle. That makes me think it might be electrical. Maybe a glitch in my fuel controller. I don't know. I'm not hitting the rev limiter........:confused:
Mine did it only between 36-39 mph, in second gear only. I thought it might be a tuning issue too, I wasn't that lucky. The best thing you can do it have it looked at by a professional. It's the only way to know for sure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took it out and held the shifter up after I shifted to 2nd. It worked fine so I guess the fork may be bent. The guy I bought it back from was a heel shifter. It worked fine when I sold it to him 2 years ago. As long as it gets no worse I can live with it...........:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts