Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone from S.W. Virginia !!! I figured after reading everyone else's post about winter projects I would start a thread on where mine is at the moment.I bought a Memphis shades batwing and hard street classic tour bags.Did a dry fit to make sure everything worked then tore down.I have completely disassembled the spoke wheels and powder coated them matte black.Also done the floor boards and kuryakin cruise pegs.Along with the radiator cover and regulator cover. I am now in the process is some minor body work on my tank.Should be ready to start shooting primer in the next few days.

Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.Updates soon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Wow, your rims turned out great!! So, you relaced your rims? That's a pretty good project it self. Do you have a template to set the dish? Or are they centered on the hubs (I have never measured)?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front is centered.The rear I couldn't get to work ,so I had to get a mechanic buddy of mine to do it.He said the spokes a little different from one side to the other.But he didn't tell which side was which.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
What color is the tank gonna be? Black?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Looking good, keep us in the loop

Have to stop looking at everyone painting there bikes!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
good so far.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You going to do any kind of design on tank ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eastwood.com .They have an awesome selection of colors and they are a lot less expensive than local shops.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Hello everyone from S.W. Virginia !!! I figured after reading everyone else's post about winter projects I would start a thread on where mine is at the moment.I bought a Memphis shades batwing and hard street classic tour bags.Did a dry fit to make sure everything worked then tore down.I have completely disassembled the spoke wheels and powder coated them matte black.Also done the floor boards and kuryakin cruise pegs.Along with the radiator cover and regulator cover. I am now in the process is some minor body work on my tank.Should be ready to start shooting primer in the next few days.

Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.Updates soon.

Where's the spacer between your bearings?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts