Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here the deal my brother has a 07 classic 900 cobra pipes, power commander and Bak, no baffles and power commander map,

I just got a 07 custom 900 with cobra pipe also with no baffles other then that stock.

so today he wanna to race we raced from a dead stop then on the highway.
I layed the biggest beating on him i ever seen, now he flipping out cause he pay 700 for his powercommander and his BAK, make me think if i want to get them for my bike now, if i get them will it make my bike slower lol.

talked to one guy who has the same mods as my brother and he said it was the powercommander map is what is killing him. My brother ever say he thinks he bike was faster before the mods.

what do u guys think need to tell my bro something before he kills himself getting beat by a almost stock bike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Keep in mind gillahoon the classic I think is 50lbs or so heavier plus a maybe a windshield can add to some pretty heavy drag.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Ok here the deal my brother has a 07 classic 900 cobra pipes, power commander and Bak, no baffles and power commander map,

I just got a 07 custom 900 with cobra pipe also with no baffles other then that stock.

so today he wanna to race we raced from a dead stop then on the highway.
I layed the biggest beating on him i ever seen, now he flipping out cause he pay 700 for his powercommander and his BAK, make me think if i want to get them for my bike now, if i get them will it make my bike slower lol.

talked to one guy who has the same mods as my brother and he said it was the powercommander map is what is killing him. My brother ever say he thinks he bike was faster before the mods.

what do u guys think need to tell my bro something before he kills himself getting beat by a almost stock bike

Dont know which is faster, i can bet you the bike was never dyno'd for a baseline reading before the modifications, dyno'd after the modifications, and the mapping done to tune the bike to that dyno report, and then dyno'd to check the mapping. That it runs slower before the mods makes me wonder ... why spend the money, you will be told 2 .. 2... 1 settings, this map or that map or what ever on the power commander regardless of elevation etc, etc by half the people on this site .... it amazes me that someone would spend $1000 bucks and do a half a** job. No 2 bikes are exactley the same. Another $200 bucks and a significant difference should be there. Not busting your balls but nobody tells anybody how the job should be done .... how fast does he want to go ... how big is his wallet.

Tell him to take it to a shop with a dyno and a master mechanic / tuner and finish the job ....... he will not be disappointed ...he may just give youa run for you money, best get your licks in now lol

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not the point of goin fast just that he spent all his mony on the parts and cant even beat my stock bike, didnt think the powercomannder map would make his bike slower then stock that just nuts lol

·
Registered
658 Posts
don't forget rider skill... switch bikes and try again. You may just be a better rider.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Keep in mind gillahoon the classic I think is 50lbs or so heavier plus a maybe a windshield can add to some pretty heavy drag.
Actually the weight difference is surprisingly low, the classic is only 9 lbs heavier. The floor boards are 2 to 3 of those pounds, plus a little for the fork covers, say 1 more, the headlight bucket and a bit for the handle bars, maybe another pound. There should be some weight difference in the wheels and tires, but it can't be much more than 3 to 5 pounds.

Surprising it is. :)

Andy

·
Registered
161 Posts
the bike is fast but the down side when accelerating is the front is light , steering bar get's lighter it feels like it's bearly touching the road when i try to feel the bike's power ??? not stabule on high speeds i think it's only made to ride on speeds less than 75 mph ,

question : if i replaced the front tire to 90-90 would it make it more balanced ?? or reduced the front wheel to 19 in with 90-90 ??? would it give the front end more balance ??

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dont know which is faster, i can bet you the bike was never dyno'd for a baseline reading before the modifications, dyno'd after the modifications, and the mapping done to tune the bike to that dyno report, and then dyno'd to check the mapping. That it runs slower before the mods makes me wonder ... why spend the money, you will be told 2 .. 2... 1 settings, this map or that map or what ever on the power commander regardless of elevation etc, etc by half the people on this site .... it amazes me that someone would spend $1000 bucks and do a half a** job. No 2 bikes are exactley the same. Another $200 bucks and a significant difference should be there. Not busting your balls but nobody tells anybody how the job should be done .... how fast does he want to go ... how big is his wallet.

Tell him to take it to a shop with a dyno and a master mechanic / tuner and finish the job ....... he will not be disappointed ...he may just give youa run for you money, best get your licks in now lol
What Whiting said... All of those parts don't mean anything if they are not properly matched. If properly tuned, more air/fuel in and out means more power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts