Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
search in the 900 forum for front tire. there are a number of threads on peoples results. depending on the brand you go with will determine how it fits under the fender. the Avon 90/90 I used does not as it's about 5/8" wider and about 1/2" taller. Others have gotten Metzler to fit with no mods. I would read up on the specs of the tires (manufacturers sites) to see how far you want to go.

·
Registered
357 Posts
front fender back on after Avon Cobra 90/90

·
Registered
68 Posts
I put a 90/90 Continental Commander II on the front of my '09 SE last year. It fit, barely, under the fender. I have been riding while puzzling over how to get a little more fender clearance, and will be doing Frizzman's simple solution this weekend.

I found I liked the looks of the stock tire better than this bigger one, and also prefer the handling with the stock front tire. When this one wears out I will be going back.

YMMV

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've run a 90/90 Metzler 880 for a few years, probably 7k miles or so and have had no real issues with it. Only cons I can see is that it makes a terrible noise if you get a rock in your tire, and if you happen to hit a bit of mud, it will go flying when it hits the fender. On pro side, the larger tire makes the bike handle much better on textured or grooved pavement. Not to mention, the larger tire looks nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts