Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not much of a wrench but I would love to make this happen. I'm in the process of bobbing my bike and I came across a custom tank that I would love to put on. Problem is, I don't know anything about the dimensions or how to fit a tank on the bike. I know some guys that could help me out with the mod, but I want to know if it's even possible before I get the tank, so here I am.

The tank I'm looking at is the 5.0 gallon dished tank about half-way down the page on this link: http://www.washingtonchoppers.com/gastankpage.htm

Does anyone know what the dimensions are for the 900 tank and how hard it would be to do a swap?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Most metric bike tanks have 2 channels at the front of the tank underneath and slide over 2 rubber grummets, the rear is held down by a single bolt. The first thing i noticed was all of these were front "bolt on" .. no channel, some frame fabrication may be needed for the install. The second issue would be vibration, with out the front rubber mounting, this may be an issue. The 3rd issue would be drilling into the frame or welding on some sort of tongue to attach it up front. I am not a fabricator or an engineer, but i do know that heat and or holes may cause the loss of some structual strength.

Nice tank though ..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts