Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site but I've found tons of info on this forum and I'm super happy to be part of it now!

That said, I'm looking for a Custom Tail Rack that isn't attached to the Passenger Backrest which I found kind of ugly. I made a long and extensive research online to find where I can buy that in Canada or even in the US. (unfortunately, I can't post the image or the link because I'm a newbie here but if you search on Google for this: "Kawasaki VN900 Custom Rear Rack Small Luggage carrier Black Finish" you'll see what I'm looking for in the image section.)

I think it looks slick but all I see is euro sites with very expensive shipping options (on one site, it cost 200$ to ship this which is about 75 euros)

Anyone knows where this can be found in north america?

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is pretty sweet! I've never seen anything like that for sale. I'd be real interested in purchasing something like that. I contacted them to see if it could be shipped over seas.

I think I see why it''s not sold in the states, it can only hold 5KG or 11lbs. Still, pretty cool though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's not for heavy duty usage but it's plenty for my needs + I don't want to install the passenger backrest, especially the genuine Kawasaki parts, for 2 reasons 1- Looks horrible 2- too expensive.

I did contact them (on 3 different sites too) and I'm still waiting for an answer. I'll post the responses here when I get anything back. Meanwhile,if you find something in the US or Canada that looks like that or similar, let me know :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have actually been to there shop,i think they do ship abroad,most of the stuff they sell they import from the usa,that rear rack you posted about,i am sure is made in europe as i have the sissy bar with a similar rack welded to it,good quality,but everything in there shop is expensive,i paid £500 for the mustang wide touring seat
which equals about 663.25 us dollars,they do seem slow answering e-mails

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks like the kind of thing you could have fabricated for not too much money. Any metal shops around you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any metal shops around you?
Frankly... I haven't thought of that and to be honest, with the amount of people I know who wants this for their own Vulcan... I'm thinking of making them :)

I would still prefer to buy it and not have to deal with the whole process of making & painting it.... BUT if I can't find it anywhere, well, that's another option.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would also think that in making your own you could use heavier gauge pipe and make it to hold more than 5Kgs, bonus all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts