Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to look at a few bikes tomorrow both Custom and Classic. I like them both but I admit I am looking harder at the Custom.

I do like the style of the Custom and having mag wheels is a big plus for me. My last few bikes I owned were all the Classic style maybe it's time for a change? :D

· Registered
643 Posts
I have the custom, prefer the look and wanted pegs instead of boards. Love the bike and have kept it pretty much stock. Only big complaint is the seat, I tried air hawk, then seat mod with social foam insert, max 2hr ride time before starting to get butt pain. Finally got a corbin replacement seat, now it's all good.

· Registered
370 Posts
Hey Choco - the question is one of style preference and is 100% based on what "YOU" like in a bike.

I ride the Custom. Lowered. 230 rear tire.

There are some subtle (or not-so-subtle) "ride" differences - the rake of the forks, skinny front tire, pegs. But in the end you'll get use to whatever you ride. The most marked differences will be felt if you switch back and forth between the bikes.

Like I have said in previous posts - when I first ride my buddies Triumph America, after spending weeks on my Custom, it is a totally strange feeling ride - the steering is significantly different - the seating position is more upright. But after 50km, I am totally use to his ride, and then when I switch back to my Custom, it feels "weird" for the first bit. Bikes are like that. You "bond" with the machine in a way that is unique.

Go for the style that you KNOW you can live with - with no regrets. Both are great looking machines, and you will "bond" with either - and you will feel totally at-home on either.

· Registered
136 Posts
I chose the classic because the lines of the bike looked better to me. Wasnt sure about the floorboards at first but now I love em. That and it was the kind of bike my grandma use to ride, but she was a pretty badass gal.

· Premium Member
3,662 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Prefer the looks of the custom but both look great, changed my seat for a Mustang and just to be different took the pegs off and fitted boards. Great riding position. Front wheel catches the road lines a bit but not a big problem. Never had a problem with power, great cruiser! Ok two up as well. Easy to flick through the corners ..... Great bike.

· Registered
414 Posts
I actually liked the feel of the custom when i first sat on them to try them out. It was black and i don;t like that color on a bike, too common. The gap b/w the rear tire and fender bothered me too, as well as the skinny front tire, so i went with a 2012 classic se. Its really what appeals to your sense of style, beauty is in our eyes. Go with what attracts you, like we've always done with our women......ride on....

· Registered
520 Posts
I like my Classic for the storage bags, floor boards, and with a Mustang seat its like sitting on a cloud. The Custom seating position is not for me since I ride 18,000 miles a year and by just sitting on one in the bike shop I can't see putting the kind of miles on it that I ride. Also the skinny front tire just doesn't feel as stable on the bikes I have ridden with them. Just me maybe but the Classic is a great combination. I can see why they sell a ton of Customs though but I would guess more people switch from a Custom to a Classic than a Classic to a Custom due to overall convenience. My bags are always full of stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.