Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any issues after installing low profile custom mirros?
I had a pair installed and now I can's see the right side rear traffic.
It seems that the Brake lever is fixed in position and now the new mirror does not have enough travel (tilt) to view traffic behing me. Left is OK.
Is there a way to reposition or move that right side lever assembly.
Please advise I am stuck.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't have custom mirrors and I doubt I have knowlege to help you. But if you list the brand and model of the mirrors you have along with a picture of how they are mounted, someone else may be able to figure one out for you. I doubt that all brands of mirrors use the same mounting setup.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
It seems that the Brake lever is fixed in position and now the new mirror does not have enough travel (tilt) to view traffic behing me. Left is OK.
I have a '10 SE and I had no problem rotating both lever mounting brackets to a position comfortable to me. The switch assembly is fixed however but that's not what concerns you. My Arlen Ness mirrors were not adjustable to the positions I wanted either. I don't like that Kawa went the cheap way when they chose the brackets as the mirror mounting stem angle to the brake lever angle don't match left to right. I'm looking now to see if another manufacture has something that comes closer to matching left to right.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did the same as Sojourner with my B.C. mirrors. The left mirror is fine, but I had to rotate the right hand brake down about 1/2" to make it so you can see out of the right mirror. Now the clutch and brake aren't at the same angle. Sucks but not much else you can do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rotating the brake lever is easy. Below where the mirror is mounted is what look like two chrome buttons or bolt heads. These are actually small bolt covers. Pop them off with a flat head screwdriver or pocketknife blade and underneath you'll see two allen heads. Loosen them, move the lever, re-tighten, replace chrome covers. Simple, simple. And my bike is a Cutom.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I had a similar problem. My fix? I rotated my handlebars up slightly. This gave me way more adjustments and also I realized my bars were to far down anyways! Simple, simple fix!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats it

Rotating the brake lever is easy. Below where the mirror is mounted is what look like two chrome buttons or bolt heads. These are actually small bolt covers. Pop them off with a flat head screwdriver or pocketknife blade and underneath you'll see two allen heads. Loosen them, move the lever, re-tighten, replace chrome covers. Simple, simple. And my bike is a Cutom.
Thanks Dino570, that is exactly what I needed. I didn't realize that this is just a cover but it makes sense. Will adh=just it and post some pix. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I just messed and messed until I got a satisfactory angle, after I ended up loosening the screws that control the mirror itself just a TINY bit, cranking on the mirror, then tightening them into that position. My shoulder still blocks the right hand mirror just a tad, but I can tuck in my arm and get a good glance at any time it's needed. :D Good luck with yours, and post us some pics after you adjust the brake tilt a bit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Glad I could help. Hope you get it where you want it.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a similar problem. My fix? I rotated my handlebars up slightly. This gave me way more adjustments and also I realized my bars were to far down anyways! Simple, simple fix!
That'll work great for a Classic... but the custom's handlebars are not adjustable like that. Not arguing... Just sayin....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That'll work great for a Classic... but the custom's handlebars are not adjustable like that. Not arguing... Just sayin....
Yeah, as was stated already. Not arguin, just sayin...lol.
Actually, I didn't realize at all, that the custom front ends were THAT different. Fixed handlebars, go figure.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Yeah... drag bars on the Customs. GREAT look, and they've actually got a decent pullback so you don't feel like you've got to hunch forward. That could be a biased review, though, as I'm 6'3" and have a pretty long wingspan. :D

Gonna fix my mirror problem over the winter months with a bit of a different sort of solution... goin' apes baby! LOL

Yeah, as was stated already. Not arguin, just sayin...lol.
Actually, I didn't realize at all, that the custom front ends were THAT different. Fixed handlebars, go figure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys,
as we found out the Handle bars or the assembly holding the mirrors is NOT foxed, read the whole thread. Very easy to adjust and looks great afterwards, I'll post some picsof my bike over the weekend so you can see if thats what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts