Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anybody put bags of any sort on a custom? I'm looking for just a bit of storage by way of fork bags or ????. I've got an 09 S.E. and just storing my insurance papers is a pain in the butt. I have a tank bag which works well (except when the horn button gets pressed when the bars are hard over) but I'd like to leave something permanent in place. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I put my insurance car in the tool pouch under the seat. How often do you need your insurance card?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Might be a different look than your looking for. After riding 6000 miles last summer my storage needs overroad my origanal plans for the bike. These are Tsukayu strong hard bags. I love them and would buy them again. Bought them from Phat Performance.
And yes I know, I put a full windshield on a custom. I didnt want one of those either but I got stung twice in the first two weeks I had the bike, ordered the windwhield not long after lol. LCH

[/IMG]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richard, does that bar bag interfere with the speedo when the bars are straight? That, and the fork bag, is what I'm looking for.
LCH, your bike looks good, but I don't really want a bagger, just a bit of extra storage. Thanks to both of you.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hey, anybody put bags of any sort on a custom? I'm looking for just a bit of storage by way of fork bags or ????. I've got an 09 S.E. and just storing my insurance papers is a pain in the butt. I have a tank bag which works well (except when the horn button gets pressed when the bars are hard over) but I'd like to leave something permanent in place. Any suggestions?
I agree as to the need of a handlebar bag, or fork bag, or something... and once I get my backrest in place, I'll have a larger bag for longer trips, but...

I carry my insurance card in my wallet. Gotta have your license with ya anyway, right? Why not camp the insurance right next to it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Willie & Max fork bag that I have mounted directley below the headlight. I keep some far away from home needs in it; Fix a Flat, extra tools, extra glaases. It is easy to take on and off, using the strings provided. I got it with my saddle bags, that are also Willie & Max. The bags are well made, but have a problem with the sagging top.

I have the winshield myself, but it is on a quick removal bracket. When my wife rides, she enjoys it much more with the windshield and the bags give us a place for rain suits, extra clothes and of course a hair brush.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Saddleman

I have the Saddleman Highman Elite with EasyBrackets. The large is not all that big but looks OK on a Custom.

This pic is before I went with Easy Brackets

·
Registered
21 Posts
im not sure if you have a backrest but i have been looking a this one here is the the link . i also have a tank bag and once and a while i'll but a small backpack under a 6 hook cargo nethttp://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=42&manufacturer_ID=54&product_ID=16271&sblid_name=T_Bags_Baja&model_id=127

good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is how I set mine up for the ride to Laconia NH a few weekends ago. The bags are saddlemen and are mounted on easybrackets. the tank bag is really for my ninja and the tail bag is just a cheapie I picked up a while ago.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the bikes look good with the luggage, but all I really want is storage for a tool kit, etc. I'm not touring on this bike. I like Angliam's bag; that looks cool down there. Is there much of an advantage to leather over synthetic, or the other way around? How about weather-proof?

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
All the bikes look good with the luggage, but all I really want is storage for a tool kit, etc. I'm not touring on this bike. I like Angliam's bag; that looks cool down there. Is there much of an advantage to leather over synthetic, or the other way around? How about weather-proof?
I doubt you'll find many motorcycle leather saddlebags that don't have some kind of weather resistant stuff on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts