Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the flush mount led kits available for $150 or more I decided I was going to attempt to make something on my own for much much less. This is what I came up with...
P.s don't mine the dirty garage. It's a mess with all the snow we are getting...
ImageUploadedByMO Free1359955178.787265.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1359955239.431465.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1359955249.264593.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1359955258.831406.jpg

The best part is I did all this with 1 set of amber led strips ($20) and 2 pieces of aluminum I had laying around ($7)

I wired it to the signals and they work great. Only issue is they flash fast now so that's where I need your help...

Where and which led flasher should I get or should I just wire in resistors to solve the fast flashing?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
346 Posts
After seeing the flush mount led kits available for $150 or more I decided I was going to attempt to make something on my own for much much less. This is what I came up with...
P.s don't mine the dirty garage. It's a mess with all the snow we are getting...
View attachment 15260
View attachment 15261 View attachment 15262 View attachment 15263

The best part is I did all this with 1 set of amber led strips ($20) and 2 pieces of aluminum I had laying around ($7)

I wired it to the signals and they work great. Only issue is they flash fast now so that's where I need your help...

Where and which led flasher should I get or should I just wire in resistors to solve the fast flashing?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
cyclegear have led flasher relay for kawasaki.
14.99 and the relay is under the seat in front of the battery, you will have to open the top battery cover. unpluge the old one and plug in the new one than you are done.

·
Registered
133 Posts
cyclegear have led flasher relay for kawasaki.
14.99 and the relay is under the seat in front of the battery, you will have to open the top battery cover. unpluge the old one and plug in the new one than you are done.
+1 the only way to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 2 questions regarding this:

If I wanted to use a strip LED tail light AND still use my existing turn signals (splicing the LED ones into my existing ones) would that work and eliminate the need for a new LED flasher?

If I had just LED rear blinkers and stock front and installed an LED relay would the front blinkers still be okay (basically would an LED relay still support the stock front turn signals

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts