Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom quick detach backrest/luggage rack for bobber

Since I sold my Street Glide and built my bobber I've been missing taking long trips and now able to do it. I had two detachable backrests for my Street Glide and kept one when I sold the bike just in case. Well, just in case happened.

I welded it together with the factory '03 VN800B backrest/luggage rack. The holes on the Blue Collar Bobber seat bracket matched up pretty darn close for the detachable hardware but did do a lot of drilling and welding to make it all work, maybe 4 hours total.

Once I welded everything up, along with a few gussets for strength, I had it powder coated and a local upholstery guy made me a diamond stitched back pad using part of the stock VN800 pad I cut to the size I wanted. All in I'm right at $90 for the project.

What's not pictured is how I extended my signals back with a couple pieces of steel I fabbed up and had powder coated (signals are dangling in the pictures). Take 10 seconds for the backrest to go on/off and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts