Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a vn 900……..that has been in storage for a while, I have other bikes…..I thought, as popular as these bikes have been that at some point some real engine performance engine kits, besides bolt ons, or a back yard turbo kit that blew up because of backyard shade tree tuning, because a bigger bike is not better, something would have come out
I found the vn800 to have performance cams, then I found that the vn 800 can be stroked to a 900 using the 900 connecting rods,900 crank-machined to fit the vn800 block, the pistons between the 2 are the same but the vn800 jugs have less travel to the top of the combustion chamber than the vn900 so the compression is boosted to 10.6. This build uses webcams camshaft for the vn 800.
So realistically……….the measurements for the cam journals need to be made to see if it will bolt into the vn900 heads or the cam journals need to be machined to get the proper oil clearance.
If those cams work (degreeing and timing)with 900 bottom end with vn800 heads where there is more probability for piston to valve contact………or contacting web cams and getting the vn 800 grind on a vn 900 cam…..just saying.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts