Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a company that makes some very custom looking exhaust and have spoken with the owner about doing a pipe for the 2000, said he would dicuss it with his R and D guys. if more owners would express an interest in these pipes to this company they would be much more likely to do some up. they currently do a 2-1 custom pipe for the Meanstreak. the pipe I liked was their "cobra" model, a short 2-1 that runs along the bottom frame covering stuff that needs to be covered. sweet looking exhaust! the name of the company is Fuggin Fabrication out of Phoenix, AZ. PLEASE contact them and express an interest in their pipes so they might make us some custom looking systems for our bikes!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Very familiar with Fuggin Fab. I have their 2-1's on my meanie, great looking pipe, great sounding pipe. But they're not without issues, they have some quality control issues and some fixture/welding issues. I'm going on waiting for 5 weeks for a replacement set of pipes because the ones I have are cracking where the 2 weld into the 1. I'm not bashing them...yet... I've been dealing with Doug at Fuggin and so far he's been very stand up about everything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully they'll take care of you

a crack in a weld is an easy thing to overlook, had a set of MAC pipes for a kawi 750 and they came with a barely visable crack also. waited 7 months to get those pipes. also got a set of Barons slip ons for my Yamaha Venture that I returned for hack welds. when you're scheduling a production run 5 weeks isn't too incredibly long but I'd sure want my new pipes as bad as you do. I have a 04 Meanstreak with a cobra 2-1 pipe and a thunder mfg big air kit and a fuel controller, great running bike. given that your only choice right now for pipes is a plain jane looks like what they been making for the last 10 years kinda pipe I'd be willing to roll the dice on a fuggin system.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'd be willing to roll the dice on a fuggin system.
That's what I'm doing and I don't regret it:D The looks and sound are well worth it. Since I've been welding/fabbing/mfg for the better part of 20 years I completely understand what they're going through and as long as they're straight up with me and stand behind their product I'll stick with them. 5 weeks isn't too long, alot of folks waited 8 weeks or more when Wicked Bros started making the pipes for meanies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another hope for custom pipes

another company who works with Fuggin Fabrication might be persuaded to make some pipes for us, they are LowandMean.com. they do pipes for the meanstreak and for the 900's. please contact them and express an interest for me even if you're not in the marker for custom pipes. thanks!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Since we were talking about Fuggin Fab here I figured I'd update. I just got off the phone with them and my replacement pipes are on their way:D So far I've got to give them 2 thumbs up, even though there was a problem they've completely stood behind their product and have done everything they could to make things right. So, if anyone's looking at doing business with them, don't let a small issue stand in your way, they make one of the best pipes available and their customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
couldn't wait no mo......

bought some plain jane straight 2.5 inch pipes for my 2k, found some new closeout pipes on ebay for $300 and figured those will have to do. so much for the custom looking pipes:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts