Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Sneak peak of my winter project bike. Lowered the from 2 inches and added a 21" wheel and Arlen Ness composite fender. Still need to get the light bar and rear lowering kit done up then I'll shoot more pics.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sick. How high are those Apes? Nicely done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sick. How high are those Apes? Nicely done.
Just a standard LA Chopper 16" ape, its really comfortable. Just installed the new front pulley so now I can ride 80mph on the freeway flawlessly too. Im really psyched on how it turned it, its the first metric cruiser I have ever owned.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice. What kind of cables did you used for the apes and where did you get them from? I've been thinking of upgrading to apes for a while.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. What kind of cables did you used for the apes and where did you get them from? I've been thinking of upgrading to apes for a while.
This project is sponsored by Baron's, so I used their cable kit and bars. La Choppers owns Barons, so it was easy to put a package together that worked. I also used a black riser set with a 1-piece clamp so everything stays in place when Im riding hard. I have always loved 16" Apes, they are the perfect size bar.....although, riding 80mph + for an extended period of time is tiring. Ive found that this bike even with the bigger fron pulley still has a freeway sweet spot at 70-75 mph. much faster and you are fighting the wind to hold on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much did it cost for your front wheel to be done using ur hub? Did u do anything to the back? Can they use the back hub and make it a 240?

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
This project is sponsored by Baron's, so I used their cable kit and bars. La Choppers owns Barons, so it was easy to put a package together that worked. I also used a black riser set with a 1-piece clamp so everything stays in place when Im riding hard. I have always loved 16" Apes, they are the perfect size bar.....although, riding 80mph + for an extended period of time is tiring. Ive found that this bike even with the bigger fron pulley still has a freeway sweet spot at 70-75 mph. much faster and you are fighting the wind to hold on.
Sponsorship? How'd you manage that? Wish I could get someone to sponsor my creativity LOL

·
BOTY Winner 2015!, BOTM Winner, July 2015
136 Posts

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I'm spying a chromed rotor on that machine. Now can you elaborate on it a bit? I've searched high a low for different more aggressive rotors for my 900 and haven't found anything. Chromed rotors like that might work on mine. I like em'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts