Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Finally we have some nice weather up here in Ontario and I finally took my new girl out for her first weekend of riding. 200 KM in and I am starting to really like this girl.

Question however. I notice that there is 'click' noise everytime I just lightly tap the front brake or the clutch. Sounds like a switch that is being engaged. Is this normal? I can see it for the brake (engaging the light?), but why for the clutch. Just curious if others have the same.

·
Registered
113 Posts
the clutch has a switch in it also. It is to keep you from starting the bike in gear. If the bike is in gear and you don't pull the clutch in, it won't start.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
they all have a clutch switch.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, i used to wonder about all those noises too when i got my 12'vn900classic back in oct. I've learned through much reading here that, those noises are normal. debaffle your pipes and ride on, you'll get used to it. btw, congrats on your new girl, you'll freakin love her.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great! The noise doesn't really bother me, I was more curious than anything else. A clutch override for starting makes sense, I did not think of that. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the new girl for all to enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That is a sweet looking ride!

·
Registered
273 Posts
new bike

Congrats, I think you have pic of MY 09! Curious from the more riders in the know, are there any differences from the 09' to the 12'? They look identical. How often has Kawi changed since they introduced the 900 from the 800? I think I read somewhere the 900 started in 07?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats, I think you have pic of MY 09!
Do you have a pic of yours? Would love to see it. Despite what the picture shows, she is actually red/brown in colour, not black. But it really depends on the light. Kawi calls it red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts