Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, perhaps us aussies don't need to hydrate that often cause we used to the heat, but I struggle to see what use a cup holder is on a bike. Surely you can't drink from it when you ride. That's why we have drink drive laws, we spill the beer when we drive...so they made a law against it...unless you live in the NT.

So what do you put in your cup holder...a thermos ?

:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yah in Canada we call it the "Alcohol Abuse Law" for spilling your beer. But usually it's for a ThermoCup of coffee or a bottle of water.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The cup holder is to hold my coffee cup when I need to pul the clutch lever...

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a $6.00 aluminum Shwin bottle holder off of my bicycle mounted to a windshilrd bolt. i use a 16oz camelback bottle with the open/close spout. Works great.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I use mine to pick up the coffee for my wife and myself and the front one carries things likely phone, sunglasses and reading glasses as needed. You know life's little luxuries, works great for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinkin about putting a chrome cupholder on my new Vulcan classic but wasn't sure how well they work. Also it may look a little... Um... Nerdy? Thoughts? I'd definitely use it if I was sure it wouldn't spill

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I get lots of comments and admiring or disbelieving looks :eek: and comments about my chrome ones. But the married blokes understand straight away when I tell them it's for my wife's morning coffee and therefore my peace of mind :D

If you don't like chrome try the Marvella's cup holder. Minimalist but very functional and if I recall correctly in black as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the excuse "it's for my wife" but unfortunately I'm single. maybe if someone gives me s#%@ I'll just say it's for THEIR wife ;) haha that'll shut em up... but yea i actually like the chrome ones to blend in with the rest of the bike.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nerdy or not I plan on getting one for my classic. Long rides in the heat are much better with a little hydration!

Was concerned myself how well they work...looking at the one from Kruzer Kaddy

·
Registered
74 Posts
You'll like it... great for sipping at stop lights and on straight open roads... I put a half frozen Gatorade in mine so it'll stay cooler longer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since most of my riding is solo, I got a softcase cooler for the back seat. So I can keep the 1/2 dozen cans of (pop of course) and a sandwich or two cool while I ride with a waterbottle in the cupholder.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Intrigued by the image MLKN posted, I used it to do a google image search. Turned up with this site that has a whole lot of options. HD geared, but I'm sure various options can be made to work.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Intrigued by the image MLKN posted, I used it to do a google image search. Turned up with this site that has a whole lot of options. HD geared, but I'm sure various options can be made to work.
If your on a long distance ride in the summer you need to be drinking all the time or dehydration will get ya. I've had this system on both my cruisers now and it holds a 32oz or larger insulated mug... I fill up the mug with ice and drink when I fill up the tank with gas and the drink usually stays cool and is enjoyable for a couple of hours this way... not very sexy looking, but it works...

http://tinyurl.com/3ap9klt

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Nerdy or not I plan on getting one for my classic. Long rides in the heat are much better with a little hydration!

Was concerned myself how well they work...looking at the one from Kruzer Kaddy
That's what I have, a Kruzer Kaddy. Got mine from the H/D dealer. Like it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Since I don't ride my bike from bar to bar, I really enjoy my Marvellas cup holder. It will keep ice cold water from fill up to fill up when I am out on the open road.

On real hot day you can fill it to the very top and you will get a few drops of water pop out of the straw from time to time which is quite refreshing.

For you guys that must have chrome, I would think that Marv would do a custom order and instead of powder coating the holder, send it to his Chrome guy when he sends in other items if you were willing to pay up front and wait. Not trying to put words in his mouth but he has been great to work with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yah it was a generic cup holder I picked up at a non-dealership while out on a ride. Loved the look and they installed it free of charge right away.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Got my cup holder from Marvella's, works great. It's their special 32 oz model, you will have to ask for it specifically. The cup is a Butler.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts