Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Cup Holder

5K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  FreemansVoyager 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a perch mount cup holder that will fit a Voyager? Since the new lockdown rules, many places are drive through only and don’t allow walk in. Also they don’t allow people to walk up to a drive through window so I need a way to get coffee/ beverages back to the parking lot and it’s pretty hard to work a throttle, clutch and hold a drink. I only have 2 hand lol. Any recommendations are appreciated. (I would prefer a perch mount if anybody makes one that would fit but I may have to settle for a universal bar mount [emoji20])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I don't know the config of a Voyager, but on my Classic LT, I use a Barefoot WIllies cup holder. It is height adjustable, so you can get it in the correct position. I have mine at the middle of the height adjustment, and it just clears the tank on a full left crank of the handlebars. I've used mine for thee years now, and really like it.

Dan

#7 ·
I was hoping to find one that was perch mount with the ball mount. Not many people make stuff for these bikes. Was hoping somebody stumbled across one that I haven’t been able to find yet but this is a good alternative. Appreciate you sharing.

#8 ·
I have a Kruzer Kaddy too. I like the wrap, I hadn't thought of doing that, and it is too shiny. I actually hate it though. It will only hold a soda can or thin bottle. Most of my insulated cups won't go into it.

If you want mounts, check out RAM Mounts. With a bit of imagination and patience, you can mount pretty much anything to anything. I wouldn't recommend the cup holder they sell though. It pivots to try to level the drink, and it will dump your cup all over while you're riding.

#12 ·
I am still undecided. If I went with the Ciro, they get pretty pricey especially if I buy the additional mirror mount. I really don’t know what to pull the trigger on. It drives me crazy that Ciro fits every Vulcan except the 1700’s. What the hell? I know, let’s NOT make it fit the touring bikes because that makes sense !!!

#13 ·
Sometimes I really don’t understand why nobody makes any accessories for the Voyager. Even when looking for a backrest I found a company that makes a really good one for the Vaquero but it doesn’t fit the Voyager. Drives me crazy.

#17 ·
Companies make direct aftermarket accessories based on the motorcycle brands/models that sale the most units. In the U.S. it’s HD and Indian/Victory. When it comes to metric cruisers (U.S.), Honda and Yamaha are the most popular, then Kawasaki and Suzuki(of the big manufacturers). Marketing is normally geared in order of popularity, however, many parts will fit across the brands/models. They don’t always tell you that because of agreements the aftermarket part manufacturers have with the intended bike company the designed/marketed the part for.

Almost any part I want that is not specifically designed for my bike that I want, I can get a Road King part(from the same generation) to fit. You could probably do the same with the Road Glide Limited or Ultra Limited parts, since our bike are heavily influenced by HD designs.

#21 ·
So looking at your bike and the pictures from the Ciro site, I think I know why it won’t fit Vaquero and Voyager. The perch mount they have is same spacing but on my bike the bolts aren’t directly above each other. They are staggered so the contour of the bracket probably won’t work. Here’s a picture of my setup.

#25 · (Edited)
The mount can be rotated and then tilt the cup holder on the ball down the level it out. I had to adjust mine a few times to get it right. I also have pullback risers installed too. I was also afraid a mirror or perch mount might interfere with some of the left handlebar controls.

#26 ·
Yeah, at full tilt, the bottom of the cup holder would hit the tank. Not a problem with an empty holder (soft rubber material), but with a Yeti or similar style cup, could cause some damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.