Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next mod after running lights, engine guards, sissy bar for the wife, has to be cruise control. Been checking out all the options on utube from cruiser customizing. Curious what everyone is using out there, would like to hear pros and cons about all the different options available. Sounds like the brake away system is top of the line, but I'm having a hard time braking away with $179!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have the vista cruise control inexspensive funtional and can be used with the Kury Iso grips.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Brake away isn't top of the line, it's just the most expensive throttle lock unit. People will try and justify that they went out and spent more BUT it does the exact same thing that the Vista Cruise unit does OR a peace of leather stuck between the throttle grip and the switch housing. It applies drag to the grip so that the return spring does not pull the throttle back. Sure, with a push of your thumb or a grab on the brake lever it will dis engage the throttle drag and the throttle will drop it's way back to idle BUT if you are using proper technique you will have rotated the grip yourself. I don't know how many times i've gone around corners, stop signs and whatever else without remembering to dis-engage the lock on my Vista cruise but as it's just barely canceling out the return I've just mindlessly controlled the throttle.

They'll also tell you it looks nicer OR tout how much safer than you they are. It's all just covering the fact they spent so dang much money on it or they really are anal enough to believe that line of bull.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For interstate trips I have a standard throttle lock i use and paid 39 bucks. being patient with this is key. going up hill in Arkansas I slow to 65ish and downhill gets me to 75ish. But Im cruising anyway and its helping me control the mpg and hand comfort.
the more drafting I do the better it does on the uphill and drafting on the downhill you have to let it off, I guess like the cruise control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use (and like) the Universal Vista Cruise control from Sound Off Recreational.

If you have Kuryakyn ISO grips, call Sound Off Recreational Customer Service at 616-532-2357, as you will need a special rubber insert. Don't waste your time emailing them... have not responded to emails.

I called 6/7, and they said they would mail it out... no cost.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the Vista Cruise. It's functional, but looks like it's cobbled together. My buddy has the Brake Away, which is pleasing to the eye, and I'm trying to resist buying one. I give in this summer.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If you are continplating an audiovox electronic cruise, sure hope you know what you are doing if you install it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was really suprised with the increased comfort and "bang for the buck" of just a simple Cramp Buster, slipped over the grip. Bought it on Evilbay for less than $10 shipped! But the Vista cruise was my second choice, and I think it even comes in chrome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts