Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on what type of mechanical cruise control to buy? I was looking at the Brakeaway but at $170 will I get a good reliable cruise control, it looks real good. Also looked at the Throttle Lock, but it's appearance leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The brakeaway and thottle lock will work the same. They will lock your throttle and not be true cruise control. The brakeaway is much nicer, durable, and well made. I believe if you want a true cruise control and have the skill you can install an audiovox electric cruise control and it cost ~$90. I think that I may get a brakeaway if I can find a deal but I won't be paying anywhere close to $170.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the Vista Throttle Lock on my 900LT and you can hardly even notice it is there. I've used one of these for years (I take it off the bike I sell and install onto my new one) and I thhink it is great and you can't go wrong for $35.00.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Afternoon boys,,,,,,,,,
I too have a Vista Cruise on my 08 LT with ISO Grips. Had to reposition the clamp ring from where it was on the stock grips, but it works great and it looks good. The breakaway was just to pricey for me, the Vista only $35.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also looked at the Throttle Lock, but it's appearance leaves something to be desired.
I’ve had the vista on my bike for many years. I can understand what you are talking about with appearances. I had the same feelings. So I mounted mine on the under side of the grip. It makes it look a bit cleaner I think. It is not to much harder to use this way, but It does take some getting use to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Something really inexpensive to but is a cramp buster. They work very well on a long ride. Granted you can't take you hand completely off the throttle but how often do you ride without your hands on the bars?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ride with my right hand off the throttle all the time when on the open road, i got shot through the pulse and the nerves are damaged in my hand and it is a huge relief to be able to remove my hand as it becomes downright painfull

·
Registered
54 Posts
Slash, I do not have autocad but if you can send me what you have or export to a popular format I will see what I can do. I have access to a mill and a lathe, if those would do the job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts